Page 1 of 4
im not sure, but i think theres a thread for this.
politics maybe?

i think were ****ed up
we try and force our **** on everybody else only to throw everybody further into the ground.
the gov. uses all kind of ads everywhere to drag adolescents into the army
i would never work for the military. ever.
and i dont really support thmilitary, but i support the troops.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
I have nothing against the people who join the military ... my problem is with what a country's administration decides to do with the army.

Quote by itsxsteves
the gov. uses all kind of ads everywhere to drag adolescents into the army.

Tell me about it. The ads on TV make it seem like the most glamorous job in the world, then you join and get your legs shot off ... not so glamorous anymore.
Last edited by pwrmax at Jul 28, 2008,
their not working for the military, they are serving their country to protect people like you...the ads thing isnt true, just because they need more people doesnt mean their dragging people in...they have a choice...also dude, read what was said in the brats thread...we arent forcing stuff on people...that would be a waste of lives...it would also mean my friends dad died last for nothing 3 weeks ago...so yeah think before you post
Quote by itsxsteves
politics maybe?

i think were ****ed up
we try and force our **** on everybody else only to throw everybody further into the ground.

Those would be politicians you're talking about.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
what you don't see in the news is that a lot of times when the military goes over seas for missions they are doing more than just war. When they aren't training they are building hospitals and schools. So many people assume those in the military are bad because they don't agree with the war in Iraq or whatever. I think most that join the military aren't there because they're blood thirsty and want to kill; they want to serve the country.
I never blame, so to speak, individual people (including soldiers) for their choices and think it's ridiculous to go around calling people good or bad people and it's impossible to know what everyone's reasons are... but in my opinion joining the army is a questionable moral choice.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by itsxsteves
politics maybe?

i think were ****ed up

Sadly, this is the mindset that negative media portrayal has given most American civilians.

If you'd actually do some research and not just read articles from CNN and Time magazine about the war, you'd see we are making progress in Iraq and the violence there has significantly slowed down compared to 4 years ago.

Its sad because America could easily win any war they take part in if only we had more support back home. You saw it during vietnam, negative coverage led to negative support and a failure to win, and now you're seeing it here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wh1dWrf-k_E

^ do yourself a favor and watch that.
Space Reserved for

Epic Sig
Yeah, they support our troops, we support their troops
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
No. I most certainly do not.
I can't say anything about individual soldiers of course, but I'm not sure that joining the army in the first place is the right decision.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Yes I support the military and the government. They're fighting for our freedom and justice and all that nice stuff.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by Ur all $h1t
No. I most certainly do not.
I can't say anything about individual soldiers of course, but I'm not sure that joining the army in the first place is the right decision.

MARINES...and why isnt it the right decision
Quote by Guitarfreak217
MARINES...and why isnt it the right decision

It involves killing other people.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
no one wants to but its not like we are going and conquering places and stealing there babies...we are doing it to protect us...plus, not everyone is a soldier that goes and kills, like my dad just like makes plans and talks to like crazy bad dudes and stuff
Quote by Guitarfreak217
no one wants to but its not like we are going and conquering places and stealing there babies...we are doing it to protect us...plus, not everyone is a soldier that goes and kills, like my dad just like makes plans and talks to like crazy bad dudes and stuff

Protecting you from whom?
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Well, they know how to kick ass, I'll give them that.

But yeah, not too fond of what they've been doing for the past 50 years. Then again, that's not necessarily their fault.
Quote by Guitarfreak217

not conquering places? look what happened to Iraq, dont give me the "human rights" bull**** because before the war, they had law and order, it was a working country, but after the war everything there got ****ed up.
and protect us from what? a fuel crisis?

Edit: its all political bull****. all the soldiers are just victims of it all.
Quote by jb_reborn
and protect us from what? a fuel crisis?

Hah. It's only prolonging the "fuel crisis". Oil companies are still making record high profits and we're still paying more and more with each passing day.

Take a look at Exxon. I think it was last year that they recorded the highest gross profit in history.
Not ANOTHER Iraq debate thread....

Afganistan, now thats where the shit swing is heading.
they dont have a legitimate reason to do what they are doing, so no.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Just watched an interesting video on youtube. It was made by Michael Moore so I'm not taking it as the absolute truth but he did make a few good points. The video contains footage with dead and severely injured Iraqis so I'm not going to link it but you should be able to find it with the words "bombing civilians".
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
I work for an Aerospace/Defense company. I have a tattoo of an eagle with a heart that says USA on it on my forearm. I have family in the armed forces. I support our troops. So yeah, they're awesome!!!
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Quote by fsae0607
I work for an Aerospace/Defense company. I have a tattoo of an eagle with a heart that says USA on it on my forearm. I have family in the armed forces. I support our troops. So yeah, they're awesome!!!

lol epic fail
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

i dont agree with most of the politicians who control the military, but americas military is by far the strongest in the world
Quote by RyanGillam
You got to admire people that share their problems over the internet.

Quote by Våd Hamster
....You need a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpg >_>
Quote by CliffIsAngry
lol epic fail

Why is he epic fail? He's just very patrotic. Your the failure because you don't consider other people opinions and political stances.
Quote by Moggan13
Why is he epic fail? He's just very patrotic. Your the failure because you don't consider other people opinions and political stances.

patriotic....

dear god...
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Quote by CliffIsAngry
patriotic....

dear god...

And?

Please do explain. From the sounds of it your one of those 13-year olds who follow all your anti-establishment trends and anyone who even remotley supports their own armed forces is a overly-patriotic nuthead who would happily murder foreign innocents for their countries....

Grow up. Please.
Quote by CliffIsAngry
patriotic....

dear god...

Out of curiosity, do you believe that there should be no military service?
Also, who are you against? Those who give the orders and make the key decisions or those who are obligated to carry them out?
"Take chances. Do not go through life wishing, instead go through life remembering. There are too many possibilities out there to let them just pass you by. Above all else, have FUN. You only live once, enjoy it while you can."
Quote by Moggan13
And?

Please do explain. From the sounds of it your one of those 13-year olds who follow all your anti-establishment trends and anyone who even remotley supports their own armed forces is a overly-patriotic nuthead who would happily murder foreign innocents for their countries....

Grow up. Please.

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." - Samuel Johnson. All patriotism does is increases the value of self worth that a country has, this leads that country to believe that it is better than all other countries, which leads to nationalism and hatred. Love the people in your country, not your country.

Personally I don't agree with the way the military is structured. People at the top dupe civilians into throwing away their lives by telling them how glorious killing people is. There are two kinds of people in the military, those at the top who know what is happening, and are occupied with convincing civilians to risk their lives for something they don't care about, and those at the bottom who are tricked. Unfortunately, all armies must be organized this way.

I'm never going to be able to join an army or armed force for one simple reason. I have no right to decide who lives and who dies, I have no right to take another man's life just as nobody has the right to take mine.
Quote by blynd_snyper
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." - Samuel Johnson. All patriotism does is increases the value of self worth that a country has, this leads that country to believe that it is better than all other countries, which leads to nationalism and hatred. Love the people in your country, not your country.

Personally I don't agree with the way the military is structured. People at the top dupe civilians into throwing away their lives by telling them how glorious killing people is. There are two kinds of people in the military, those at the top who know what is happening, and are occupied with convincing civilians to risk their lives for something they don't care about, and those at the bottom who are tricked. Unfortunately, all armies must be organized this way.

I'm never going to be able to join an army or armed force for one simple reason. I have no right to decide who lives and who dies, I have no right to take another man's life just as nobody has the right to take mine.

and how the **** do you know what the military is like mr 13 year old?
Quote by RyanGillam

Quote by Våd Hamster
Quote by joeyc

First off, I'm 17, don't make assumptions you come off as an arrogant prick. Second of all, you don't need to have been in the military to understand how it works, listen to some of the people that come back from war who speak out against it. Look at the TV adverts they have for the army, glamorizing killing, and finally, look who gets sent to war compared to who starts wars. How many senators who voted to go to war in Iraq have a child serving in the military? Killing is wrong by any count, and while it is not the only role of the military, you can't deny that it is designed to kill people.

EDIT: Ah the irony, the 16 year old calling me 13 and trying to lecture me on what the military is like, please continue, it will amuse me.
Quote by blynd_snyper
First off, I'm 17, don't make assumptions you come off as an arrogant prick. Second of all, you don't need to have been in the military to understand how it works, listen to some of the people that come back from war who speak out against it. Look at the TV adverts they have for the army, glamorizing killing, and finally, look who gets sent to war compared to who starts wars. How many senators who voted to go to war in Iraq have a child serving in the military? Killing is wrong by any count, and while it is not the only role of the military, you can't deny that it is designed to kill people.

EDIT: Ah the irony, the 16 year old calling me 13 and trying to lecture me on what the military is like, please continue, it will amuse me.

the military is designed to protect the US and if anyone gets in the way of that then tuff **** you die. The military also intervenes when a country is doing a lot of wrong or inhumane things. they dont glamorize killing and when they have to it is justified.
Quote by RyanGillam

Quote by Våd Hamster
Quote by joeyc

He's older than you.

From as much as I know in UK, what advertising they do for the armed forces shows it as a highly demanding job, not just marching and shooting people.

A lot of people who go into the armed forces know exactly what they are getting themselves into. Those who haven't done military activities before will be in for a shock no matter how well informed you are.

Of course there will be people who think it will just be a holiday where you occassionally go and shoot at sitting ducks, and I doubt anyone could be prepared for some things they will see. However, the armed forces something I do support, even though I would never go into them.

For some people, it is the only lifestyle they would ever want, where everthing is sorted for you, while you go out doing incredibly dangerous, yet exciting things damn near every day. I've spoken to a lot of people in the military, and have yet to meet one who regrets joining.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
It's the same as most militaries.

Quote by gm jack
For some people, it is the only lifestyle they would ever want, where everthing is sorted for you, while you go out doing incredibly dangerous, yet exciting things damn near every day. I've spoken to a lot of people in the military, and have yet to meet one who regrets joining.

Go and talk to some homeless people. A suspiciously large number of them used to be in the Armed Forces.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by joeyc
the military is designed to protect the US and if anyone gets in the way of that then tuff **** you die. The military also intervenes when a country is doing a lot of wrong or inhumane things. they dont glamorize killing and when they have to it is justified.

I really really don't want to turn this into an Iraq war debate thread, but if the US army is designed to protect the US from harm then what are they doing in Iraq? Before they went in Iraq was not a threat to the US. The same can be said for Vietnam, they weren't threatening the US, they were just becoming communist.

Yeah, yeah the military intervenes when countries are doing wrong or inhumane things, and then copy exactly what the original people were doing. Out of the frying pan into the fire.

Look at the recruitment ads, I think you'll find that the military is glamorized and is not correctly represented.

Also, you can't justify killing, not ever. It's funny but "Thou shalt not kill" sounds pretty damn strict doesn't it?
Quote by blynd_snyper
I really really don't want to turn this into an Iraq war debate thread,
but you go there anyway. hypocrite much?

Quote by blynd_snyper
Yeah, yeah the military intervenes when countries are doing wrong or inhumane things, and then copy exactly what the original people were doing. Out of the frying pan into the fire.
yeah, they probably said they didn't want to turn it into that, but did anyway.

Quote by blynd_snyper
Look at the recruitment ads, I think you'll find that the military is glamorized and is not correctly represented.
show me an ad for anything that isn't glamorized. that's the nature of advertising, innit?

Quote by blynd_snyper
Also, you can't justify killing, not ever. It's funny but "Thou shalt not kill" sounds pretty damn strict doesn't it?
blur the line in a military/political discussion with religion? no thanks.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by blynd_snyper

Indeed. I think that's why they say "Thou shalt not murder", just to cover their backs.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Page 1 of 4