So it's my first time changing the strings on my Ibanez SA120 (not knowing it has a floating bridge) and when i tighten the string tension the bridge raises off the bridge at a slight angle and when trying to tighten the other strings it only increases said angle. Now my question to you is, how can i fix this?
I've heard a few rumours of how I can fix it but instead of trying to fix something that I'm completely unsure of doing I'd rather figure it out from someone here. Hoping that this will save me a trip from bringing my guitar to the local music store. Hope someone will be able to help me out here.
www.ibanezrules.com
www.youtube.com

Or you can even look on here on how to string a floating bridge. It's pretty simple*, when you tune it to pitch (whatever tuning you use) and the bridge (knife edge) is not parallel to the body (or perpendicular to the bridge post), you increase tension in the back by screwing the two screws in the back that holds the claws (in increments of 1/4 or 1/2 turns).
i have the same model what u have to do is take off the back plate where u can see your springs and there will be two screws that u can tightin in order to bring ur bridge back to normal..but don't bow ur neck.. i did this to mine and it worked
Quote by JizzerWizzer
www.ibanezrules.com
www.youtube.com

Or you can even look on here on how to string a floating bridge. It's pretty simple*, when you tune it to pitch (whatever tuning you use) and the bridge (knife edge) is not parallel to the body (or perpendicular to the bridge post), you increase tension in the back by screwing the two screws in the back that holds the claws (in increments of 1/4 or 1/2 turns).

I've looked through youtube and couldn't find anything but I'll check the ibanezrules.com to see what i can find there too. I'll try to do this although I have no mental image right now of where those screws may be at I'm sure it shouldn't be too hard.
read the restringing thread stickied at the top of this forum. It will explain how to restring using floating bridges.
Been away, am back