What are some good metal songs to learn that are easy but sound good.

because I'm in a rutt right now and just want to build more techneique.
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Quote by ledzepfan1993
Enter Sandman by Metallica (I'm not sure if the soloing is easy, but the main riff is)

The solo is minor pentatonic with lots of wah. It's not too hard.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Check out some Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Def Leppard.

And then look at some Children of Bodom.

It's good to play things which are a little harder than you can play sometimes - i found that atleast.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Mandatory suicide -Slayer
Crystal mountain -Death
Everytime i Die -CoB
Current Gear:
Jackson DK2L
Cort X-2 LH
Bandit 112 80w
tornado of souls just the rhythm parts will keep ya busy....megadeth
lady strange....early def=leppard, nice melody beautiful solo, just a classic old brit rock song
escape by metallica, its not real hard but its kinda obscure for a "tallica" tune.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Anything by Maiden (I recommend learning Paschendale, it has a cool slow tapping intro that can help develop tapping)
And I can't believe anyone hasn't recommended For Whom the Bell Tolls yet. That's like THE beginner Metal song.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Metallica - Enter Sandman

Check for more songs from them, they have a good bunch of easy songs.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

You aren't going to build your technique playing easy songs.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Metallica - Fade to Black + solos are really easy, but yet a challenge to capture Kirk's feel
Quote by mig-29
tornado of souls just the rhythm parts will keep ya busy....megadeth

wow.I would think the tornado rhythm parts are tougher than the solo's of some metal songs...
battery- Metallica
Quote by Julz127
I don't actually use toilet paper, I use sweet chili sauce and sandpaper, cause I'm a man.
Quote by ledzepfan1993
Enter Sandman by Metallica (I'm not sure if the soloing is easy, but the main riff is)

AHHH! You beat me to it., but yeah, a very simple song, and the most awesome song ever. LEARN IT!!!
Quote by Vasser
Anything by Maiden (I recommend learning Paschendale, it has a cool slow tapping intro that can help develop tapping)
And I can't believe anyone hasn't recommended For Whom the Bell Tolls yet. That's like THE beginner Metal song.

For Whom The Bell Tolls must be the first metal song I've learned, or almost

And hey, I still think it's fun to play it I love that song, I just can't play a riff, but I don't care much about practising it anyway.

Well, back to the topic. Sweet Dreams by Marilyn Manson is also pretty easy, even the solos.
seek and destroy :metallica...pretty easy and gets your fingers moving
also give jump in the fire a try...a little challenging at first but once you get the opening riff down..its a blast to play
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Aug 2, 2008,
zero tolerance - death
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Raining Blood by Slayer
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
As Blood Runs Black - they have lots of fun easy riffs.

old Job for a Cowboy is pretty easy too.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Walk by Pantera
Angel of Death by Slayer (if your good at speed I suppose)
Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth
Gallery of Suicide by Cannibal Corpse (slower song, cool chords in it, good for developing technique I would think?)
Blinded by Fear by At the Gates (a couple challenging parts, but you need to push yourself or you won't get anywhere)

Also, if your into it, pretty much every song from the "famous" black metal bands are pretty simple.. except for some Immortal and new Mayhem.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Pretty much any song by Nightwish. Some don't have solos but they still kick ass. Try Nemo or Wish I Had An Angel.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this. Now I need Cheez-Its.

This was directed to me by the way.
haha