My B.C. Rich Mockingbird has had a lot of pickup problems recently. Recently, the pickups have started to die out and now nothing comes out of it. I opened up the back and I examined the pickup selector. The problem is within the selector, the pickups are fine. There is an orange plate on the back of it, and whenever I press on it, the pickups work again, I can't really figure out how to open it either. Is there anyway to make it work again and fix it from the outside. Hopefully, some tech will know what I'm talking about and help. Any questions feel free to ask.\

BTW, have B.C. Rich pickups and theyre both humbuckers.
I have a Warlock and from what I know, they have pretty much the same setup. I had this problem a few years ago where my neck pickup would not work. I never officially got it fixed, I just threw some tape in there and it seemed to hold it steady. I recommend that you try to find someone in person who deals with electronics. You may even be able to go into a Radioshack or even Guitar Center and they should help you. If you are going to dive in it yourself, I suggest you be careful because the connections between the pickups and selector is very weak. I barely pulled on mine and it came right off.
If it's blue, then it MUST smell good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Last edited by Disturbed137 at Jul 28, 2008,
I'm not too sure. Mine is practically sealed shut. They do that with pretty much all transistors, switches, and such nowadays. You might not want to force it open cause you might damage it further.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
When selector switches start to go its usually pretty hard to fix one. Much easier to get another better one.
^ I agree with them. I just looked at guitar accessories and the most expensive switch is around 10 bucks. That is well worth it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")