I found a Xbox in a car in 2002 and it turns out its modded. From what I found online, I can download games to my xbox and play them without the disc. Can someone help me figure out how to get to the "Modded Menu" and possibly help me figure out how to download games to my xbox?

I don't know which version of Slayer's Evo-X mod it is, but I got the system in 2002, so it must have come out around then.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
My friend has an original xbox that does this. When he starts it up it goes to the menu automatically.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
My friend has an original xbox that does this. When he starts it up it goes to the menu automatically.

When I start my Xbox up, it only goes to the modded menu sometimes. I was hoping that maybe I just need to Flip a Switch or Jiggle a Wire or something.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
My old modded box had a switch on the side to turn the chip on.
If you're unable to get to the dash, go ahead and search xbox softmodding.

Once you get to the dash:
1) Hook it up to an Ethernet cable, and hook the other end into your computers Ethernet cable, or your router.
2) Download something like smart ftp, or flashfxp (Google it)
3) Find out what your ip adress is (Should be in system info or something like that)
4) Make sure you have static ip OFF
5) Connect to the xbox with its ip address, and what it says under ftp settings, with the program you downloaded in step 2 (Again, system info)
6) Get a game iso (Not going to tell you where, you can probably figure it out)
7) Download craxtion 4 (Gooooogle)
8) Unpack the .iso
9) Transfer the unpacked iso to E:Games (Something like that)
10) Play!

Also, you'll want a better dash. Search "xbmc T3ch build" and then search how to install xbmc.

Hope I helped.
Last edited by that_1_dude24 at Jul 28, 2008,
Quote by that_1_dude24

Thats the problem, I cant find out how to get to the dash and I've been googleing and trying different things for 3 days.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Haha you happened to find an Xbox in a car? How did this happen?

My dad owns a car businessa nd he rents RVs. A family went on vacation with the RV and left the xbox. We waited a few months and since no one called back, I kept it.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Go online with that and you'll get your account suspended...

Quote by that_1_dude24

Softmodding? Isn't that like changing the face plates and stuff? I'm pretty sure he's talking about big modifications to the system. Then again, I don't really know anything about modding...
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Go online with that and you'll get your account suspended...

Softmodding? Isn't that like changing the face plates and stuff? I'm pretty sure he's talking about big modifications to the system. Then again, I don't really know anything about modding...

http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-183.html
A little bit different than changing faceplates.
I took my xbox apart, cleaned out the dust and put it back together. Now the Slayer screen pops up when I turn it on.

I have Slayer's Evox mod v2.5, do your instructions on how to load games to the xbox still apply?
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by lagunasunrise
I took my xbox apart, cleaned out the dust and put it back together. Now the Slayer screen pops up when I turn it on.

I have Slayer's Evox mod v2.5, do your instructions on how to load games to the xbox still apply?

Yep.
Last edited by that_1_dude24 at Jul 28, 2008,