Page 1 of 4
i feel like i'm trapped in this world of the newest, hottest rap, hip hop, reggeaton acts.

any one else in UG from south florida???

how do you like living here?
I live over in brevard county, not exactly south florida, but same thing. and yes. it is a vortex of rap and hip hop. i just try to tune it out.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Especially watch out for Jenkem, the new drug crazy sweeping south florida. Look it up if you must.
im around tampa and yeah its pretty ****ing horrible round here
MCR FAN 405

originally posted by diveright
for one does not simply walk in to a spinning propeller

Originally posted by BLToast
Buckethead is the meaning of awesome
You must fight!
Combat their crap with a new wave of death metal!
i hate all the wiggers here. i see all of em and im like "your not getto you bought those clothes with your allowance"
I used to live in South Florida but now I go to college in north florida. Anyway I hate the radio in south florida it sucks. I honestly haven't listened to the radio in years, the only stations that are barely tolerable down there are 93.1 rock station, and those classic rock stations. My best advice, get an Ipod
rudeboy out!
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
i live in miami...and..it SUCKS. it's full of douches..and..yeah...a vortex of douchebags and wiggers
G-G-G D-E-C C chord
I'm in central Florida. I hate the weather. Completely. Nowhere should be this hot.
We're only strays.
florida should change it's nickname from the sunshine state to satan's taint
G-G-G D-E-C C chord
you forgot humid on top of it martyr
97.1, prolly the only decent radio station around here,
MCR FAN 405

originally posted by diveright
for one does not simply walk in to a spinning propeller

Originally posted by BLToast
Buckethead is the meaning of awesome
flordia isn't that bad. you get to ride on dolphins and hang out with Disney characters.
dolphins are assholes...they kill just as many people as sharks do..they just have better publicity. and Disney's one of the few saving graces of florida. other than that...nothing. although the everglades are AMAZING to go through uber stoned.
G-G-G D-E-C C chord
Quote by punk_guitarist
although the everglades are AMAZING to go through uber stoned.

sounds like fun

now i know what i'm doing at 4:20
south florida here, and i'm the only one i know that listens to classic rock......i feel so alone
Rock In Peace, Ronnie James Dio

my gear:
Charvel Model 4
Custom Superstrat w/ DiMarzios (under construction)
Peavey Vypyr
saving up for a better amp
HONESTLY, its only bad if you don't find the right mediums in which to enjoy your music. Get a damn iPod or something. I haven't been bothered by the "mainstream" in ages.
If i could, id change my user name!
Why not just get a job at Bangbros, TS?

I live in St. Pete/Tampa and I hate it too. The only good thing 'round here is the Mons Venus
yeah. i guess its not just me then... lmfao

everybody at school (im a freshman) listens to rap, and all of that mainstream hip hop crap, then of course you have your handful of scene girls and rich J.A.P.s (jewish american princesses) that listen to all of that Power Pop/Emo, british "indie" (even though its not really indie [wombats, etc.]

nobody listens to classic rock. im in a band, the drummer, is the only other guy that listens to the same kind of stuff i do, like white stripes, raconteurs, wolfmother... that stuff...

eh. lets move to like, detroit or something
I live in South FL and it's not too terrible where i live..
im in coral springs, are you in broward or miami dade?

and yes, the reggeatone is annoying.

i was ready to kill a few years back when i cranked up 94.9 zeta only to find that it was now "mega 94.9: latino and proud"

Quote by master
Why not just get a job at Bangbros, TS?

i actually know a girl who is in a bang bros video!
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm about 5' 4" and have slightly furry feet.....I'm not going in a ****ing volcano though...

I love the Foo's!

GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!
Quote by backswmr360
im in coral springs, are you in broward or miami dade?

and yes, the reggeatone is annoying.

i was ready to kill a few years back when i cranked up 94.9 zeta only to find that it was now "mega 94.9: latino and proud"

lmao i remember that day! its like, "what the hell is this crap?"

im in miami dade... im not saying that its like, ugly or something, but the whole music scene sucks nuts....
^ true, but i listen to the 103.1 the buzz sometimes in the afternoon cuz the dj is hilarious
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm about 5' 4" and have slightly furry feet.....I'm not going in a ****ing volcano though...

I love the Foo's!

GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!
matter of fact, i enjoy the beach quite a bit. too bad theres only one guitarcenter, and once samash in the area....

and they're both pretty far from me :/

whatever... its not like i enjoy going there... in my area i have a few mom and pops, my favorite being space music
there are a lot of great bands from florida. in the miami area check out

and then there was you, and there for tomorrow

in tampa check out

stalling dawn

they all have myspaces, spread the love!
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by highroller540
matter of fact, i enjoy the beach quite a bit. too bad theres only one guitarcenter, and once samash in the area....

whatever... its not like i enjoy going there... in my area i have a few mom and pops, my favorite being space music

same about the samash and guitarcenter. The GC i go to is small though.
i always hit up sam ash, it's like a ten minute drive from me. ive never even been to the guitar center, its a little far away from me
Quote by BladeSlinger

I love the Foo's!

GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!
Quote by highroller540

yea, the south fl area needs another guitar center or two. it's too far from where i live and i hate going down there.
^ to backswmr360
Then you must live in Dorald I'm guessing?

edit: nvm you said coral springs above.
I live in the Miami area. Its not so much of a problem cuz all of my friedns are into like rock. So Metallica, Guns N Roses, and a bunch of other crap. Oh and Santana cuz were all hispanic
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Why do Verizon workers show up to work drunk all the time?
Cus they have more bars in more places lolololol
Wait, you guys are saying south florida... sucks? I live in new york and have been looking at colleges to go to down there. Just the music scene sucks? I imagine the weather would suck sometimes too but other than that it would seem like a paradise.
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
Quote by Pr3vieWX360
Wait, you guys are saying south florida... sucks? I live in new york and have been looking at colleges to go to down there. Just the music scene sucks? I imagine the weather would suck sometimes too but other than that it would seem like a paradise.

Don't listen to everyone else SoFla is fine.

However, the weather is either amazing(sunny blue skies), or horrible(hot and humid, or raining all day).

You're gonna love not living in a place where 8 months out of the year it's freezing and depressing.
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

It was raining like 5 minutes ago. At least in the city with the only McD in the US without a golden arches sign.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Page 1 of 4