Well I'm trying to get a band started with my friends and I'd like to start recording some complete songs and were pretty short on cash. Right now all I have is a cheap mic that isn't really made for recording and Audacity. It doesn't really working for making full songs with the whole band. I was wondering whats the cheapest setup (within reason) to make a complete song that isn't all fuzz? Also, is it possible to do some basic EQing in audacity? I haven't really gotten in depth with it yet.
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
You already have the cheapest setup, by the sounds of things....

:shrug

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Thanks moody I checked out the Toneport it sounds like just what we need. I was wondering how to do the drums though. Would we just have to use one overhead for the whole kit?
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
I would suggest overdubs.

Do bass and drums first, then guitars, then vocals.

I know people prefer sometimes to record all live for a feel thing, but when you have fewer mics you really need to over-dub so you actually have some control over your mix, especially as a beginner.

There is EQ in Audacity, but I imagine if you get the Toneport there is some software that comes with that you can use. In fact, almost any interface is going to come with software that is better than Audacity.
Quote by XxXshadowboyXxX
Thanks moody I checked out the Toneport it sounds like just what we need. I was wondering how to do the drums though. Would we just have to use one overhead for the whole kit?

I would use software for the drums. Acoustics are nice however you need a lot of cash for mics and a large interface to track them properly so they sound great in the recording.

You can get by with a larger interface and 3-4 mics however software drums such as EZDrummer will sound a lot better.