Anybody have any good settings for the mt-2 for playing Bullet For My Valentine-like metal?

Thanks.

I I )
I_I_)
Well any setting on the mt-2 is **** so any setting should sound great for bullet for my valentine.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by DSchmitty
Well any setting on the mt-2 is **** so any setting should sound great for bullet for my valentine.

I knew there would be atleast one MT-2 basher to post in here

Keep in mind that this is my first pedal.
Even still, it deserves to be bashes for obvious reasons, and I wasn't really bashing the pedal, but the band and your bad taste in music.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

The volume was between Max and Min.
Both of the left EQ 45° on the right.
Both of the right EQ 45°on the left.
Distortion was between Max and Min.

This is "around" the tone of BFMV. I had a crappy amp btw and the pickups was EMG 85 on the neck. My amp EQ was like the MT2 settings for low/high Freqs but with more low.

It was not the exact tone but it was around that tone.

but indeed the MT2 sucks

EDIT : In guitar world there's a tab of Scream aim fire and the pedal used was Metalcore (ML-2) and the settings are

Low 45°
High between Max and Min (90°
Dist more then 90°
Last edited by gab4554 at Jul 28, 2008,
Quote by LostBullet
Anybody have any good settings for the mt-2 for playing Bullet For My Valentine-like metal?

Thanks.

I I )
I_I_)

All settings are based on the hour scale.

Mid freq : 12
Mid : 9
Treb : 4
Bass : 3

At least something close to this. Just mess around and you'll find out. You can adjust distortion, level and bass to your liking but i suggest keeping the distorition between 12 and 3. I have to remind you though that i keep the contour at 0 on my amp.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
You have nothing to add to this thread. GTFO. And if you're on about bad taste, I see you like Nickelback...
TS: It would be a good idea to set all the knobs to the "standard" position (noon) and then tweak from there. Let your ear guide you .
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
It was one of my first pedals too, going back about 10 years. I always liked the "Rock 2" setting that was in the manual. I just added a little bit more gain and slightly cut back the mids.

I should mention I don't use it anymore but when your first starting out its a crazy little box.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Quote by DSchmitty
Even still, it deserves to be bashes for obvious reasons, and I wasn't really bashing the pedal, but the band and your bad taste in music.

Says the person who has Nickelback in their Favorite Bands section.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.