My Epiphone Les Paul Custom had a bit of a back bow in the neck (buzzing on the all the second frets and NO space over the 6th fret when I press on the 1st and 14th) so I figured I'd adjust the truss rod, this isn't the first time I've adjusted a truss rod, but it's the first time I needed to adjust it on this guitar. So I took off the truss rod cover and to my surprise, I couldn't see a truss rod so I laid down my guitar and looked down the hole and saw its about 1 or 2 inches down the neck. I had never seen the truss rod on this guitar so I figured it might be normal, I stuck the alan key in and couldn't turn the truss rod without considerable force. The buzzing on the 2nd only started after my recent move so the guitars been in someone else's hands for a while, bottom line:

A) I'd like a picture of somebody's EPIPHONE les paul CUSTOM with a clear view of the truss rod.

B) I'd like an opinion on what has happened from you guys.

URGENT!!! (I need to make a claim on it if it's the movers fault)
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
umm. Why would you let a mover take your guitar.
Certain things ride in the car my friend.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
It might be normal, but it won't be the movers fault.

Take it to a luither, and they will fix it, don't worry too much, just don't mess with it again.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Dark_Raven10
umm. Why would you let a mover take your guitar.
Certain things ride in the car my friend.

+10
incubus rocks my world
The truss rod should not be recessed as much as you're indicating! I'm actually surprised it's an allen key type to begin with. My Elitists have the Gibson style which is a nut. As you had to apply considerable force (counter clockwise I hope) and your neck had quite a back bow on it, maybe some fool has overtightened it previously.
Moving on.....
Huh, 1-2 inches? The allen key on my truss (Epi LP Custom) starts about half an inch from the top of the nut.
Thanks. Turns out we have a pro luither here in town. My parents already had the car jam packed with crap and said I couldn't take my guitar. Yes it is an allan key and I DID turn it counter clockwise.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
The regular epis have allen keys and mine is no where near that recessed. The elites may not be made overseas and may be the reason they use a regular nut for the truss rod.
Quote by Tackleberry
The regular epis have allen keys and mine is no where near that recessed. The elites may not be made overseas and may be the reason they use a regular nut for the truss rod.

Elites are made in the Fujigen Factory in Japan (Hope I spelled it right!)
Moving on.....
Yea but apparently they use a different truss rod. All the epi LPs Ive had used an allen wrench. Never tried a elitist as they dont make em lefty. So be safe to say chinese and indonisian ones have allen wrenches for the truss rod.