hey guys i was wondering if you could help me find a good guitar strap. i have the joe satriani signature strap right now and i dont really like it that much. im about 5' 11" and i like my guitar to be low and the satriani strap doesnt to low enough. the satriani strap also decides to come off at random times which i really dont like because im going to end up dropping my guitar sooner or later. any tips are appreciated.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

I have a Dickies strap and it seems to do the trick. It has never failed me yet in the 2 years I've had it. It would be good to know what kind of guitar you have, because a strap on a Stratocaster won't go as far down as it would on another guitar such as my Warlock. Oh, and for my Warlock, the Dickies strap puts it below my waist. I'm 6'0 even with broad shoulders; so that's saying something.
If it's blue, then it MUST smell good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Quote by Disturbed137
I have a Dickies strap and it seems to do the trick. It has never failed me yet in the 2 years I've had it. It would be good to know what kind of guitar you have, because a strap on a Stratocaster won't go as far down as it would on another guitar such as my Warlock. Oh, and for my Warlock, the Dickies strap puts it below my waist. I'm 6'0 even with broad shoulders; so that's saying something.

what kind of dickies strap do you have? can you remember the model name?
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Get straplocks first of all so your guitar doesn't fall off the strap. I bought some Levi leather straps which I like but I don't know if they go low enough for you though.
Moving on.....
I've got a marshall strap off eBay.... it's good. My guitar doesn't even have big strap pegs, and i've never dropped my guitar, because it's got such thick leather ends.

Just look at some, and get one you like.

and +1 to straplocks.
O O

___
Dimarzio cliplocks are really nice

Im pretty sure it has a built in strap lock, There are two small pieces attached to your guitar and then the strap clips into them, given em a look.
I like Planet Waves straps. I've had one for about 6months now, and I love it. It's the most comfortable nylon ever and it never falls off.
I plays guitars.
definitely get strap locks. your guitar will never fall again. unless one of the bolts falls out....but that doesnt happen too frequently.

i dont know what kind of strap to recommend. just look around for something with strap locks.
Quote by slash4114
what kind of dickies strap do you have? can you remember the model name?

The strap I have is here http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dickies-Checkerboard-Guitar-Strap?sku=361081 ,but the one I have is black with blue flames. It is the same model and everything though. Like I said, it also depends on your guitar because the hole on the strap is like this O and my pegs on my Warlock are like this ( - - - ) So I pretty much don't need straplocks. Ive never had my guitar come off its strap EVER. And I do some insane stuff while I play.
If it's blue, then it MUST smell good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I have a Couch Guitar Strap, the Black and White Racer X Strap:

I'm pretty tall, almost 6'5", but it works for me, and there's still a little room for adjustment on it.

It says on the description on their web-site: "Couch Guitar Straps are cut about 1/2 foot longer for those who are big and who like to play low".

I think all of their straps are long, not just the racer x, but I'd check first to make sure:

http://www.couchguitarstraps.com
What I do is I go to the store and grab my guitar and put on straps i like to see if their long enough, because I like having my guitar about to my knees.

And you need straplocks, it doesn't matter about the strap, it's gunna fall of eventually with no locks. (if you move around alot)
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120