Page 1 of 2
would is be based on your favourite amp? if so what ?

how many watts?

head and cab or combo?

how many channels?

would it have a master volume?

what about half power switch?

valve or solid state ( daft question )

what valves?

any other extras you would wont?

how would your custom amp sound?
Output Power: 180 W
Channels: 3, with second master and mid-cut up to 6 voicings
Loops: 1 parallel, 1 insert loops, 1 switchable insert loop
midi in & thru / phantom - power
Equalization: gain, treble, mid, bass, volume per channel
add. gain switch on Channel 2
switchable mid. cut with adjustable volume
Pre-Amp: 3 individually voiced, all tube pre- amps. Clean, crunch, lead
Power-Amp: 6-tube power amp section. Accepts 6L6, EL34, 5881, 6550, KT66, etc. Pairwise mixings possible, pairwise bias control
Dimensions: 74x29x28 cm
Weight: 27 kg

And I would call it Herbert
It would natrually be a 10 watt, one channel solid state amp with a 4 inch speaker and no EQ. It would have a picture of a monkey on the side though, so that makes it OK
Based on a, Rivera Tre.
Watts- 120
Head and Cab
3 channels. 1 clean, 1 Med gain(classic rock sound),3 High gain(channel 2 thats already on it is enough)
Master Vol, DEFF!
Half Vol switch, Yes, and a switch down to 10 watts.
Same configuration as it is now.
Valves-El-34's, Pre amp 12ax7's, I forget the other one.
Extras...Maybe a built in compressor, And a 10 band Eq. But its pretty good the way it is.

How would it sound? Like F****** Armageddon hahaha, The clean like Heaven.
Last edited by MetalGear1786 at Jul 28, 2008,
(brand) Series 100W Tube Guitar Amp Head Specifications:
Output power: 100 Watts RMS max. 40 Watts RMS low power mode.
Size: 29-1/4W X 9H X 10-1/2D
Weight: 53 pounds
Tube compliment:
1 X 12AX7 Tung Sol
5 X 12AX7A - Shuguang
2 X KT88 Sovtek Premium Matched
1 X 5U4G EH

3 independent channels with separate tone controls.
3-Position PRE EQ VOICING switch for each channel allowing custom tailored tone shaping.
Exclusive (brand) GAIN I/GAIN II Voicing and Overdrive configurations with channel assignable Footswitchable or manual (front panel) gain boost.
MORE/LESS MODE (Gain Stacking) for each High-Gain channel to select 3 or 4 Tube Gain stages on selected channel (channel assignable as on famous amp named after a dog).
POWER SHIFT feature a single mini toggle switch on each channel enables channel assignable Tube/SS Rectifier and 100W/40W output power selection (operates like ENHANCE MODE on Fifty/CL/ST).
Patented DYNAMIC SENSING feature (introduced in the GP3 pre) tracks string attack/decay to optimize sustain and note detail.
Two dedicated sets of Depth and Presence controls one set for the Clean channel and one set for the LEAD and RHYTHM channels. Each set of Depth and Presence controls are voiced for their specific channels.
Footswitchable True-Bypass Series/Parallel Effects Loop with level controls. Suitable for using the loop as a volume boost.
Footswitch Boost and Effects functions can then used for gain boost (BOOST) or volume boost (EFFECTS) or both. Very cool with the recall feature.
One 16 ohm output jack is provided for connection to a 16 ohm cabinet. Two additional parallel jacks with a two position 8/4 ohm selector switch are provided.
A fixed level line out jack is also provided for direct recording or slaving.

4-button footswitch

Can anyone guess?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
^ Sounds like a Sig X

Too many hints, right?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
100 watts
2 channel (high treble, normal, high/low sensitivity inputs)
4 band eq
3x ECC83, 4x KT88, solid state rectifier

Early 1970s Marshall Superbass circuit, 4x12 cabinet with pre-Rola Celestion G12H Greenbacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqCCvGiRjHw

Godly tone.

Sticking it with KT88s will give it that Jimmy Page tone from TSRTS. I will try to build one of these suckers when time and funding allows.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 28, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yup way to many lol...

The average UGer doesn't even know about VHTs though..
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
The average UGer doesn't even know about VHTs though..

That is true.... I read a pretty long and intuitive article in Guitar Player about the Sig X so im a little bit more up to par on it then most Plus im a gear junky I research everything and anything if it relates to something I might ever purchase in the future..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
That is true.... I read a pretty long and intuitive article in Guitar Player about the Sig X so im a little bit more up to par on it then most Plus im a gear junky I research everything and anything if it relates to something I might ever purchase in the future..

It's probably gonna be my next amp purchase if I don't change my mind for a Mesa or a Soldano (but I got no money now so by then I'll know what I want lol).
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
mine would be like no other

would have a knob that u can operate the wattage you want from 0.1 to 100 watts

be a head and combo versions

3 channels

it would have a master volume

wouldnt need a half power swticth

valve

every one with its own circuitry which can be selected

it would have a 12 band eq built in tremolo and reverb as wll as 3 speakers to choie from celestion, jenson and eminsce

plexi, superlead, twin, deluxe reverb, ac 30, whatever u want

i spose a sort of analog modelling amp
Quote by aznrockerdude
It's probably gonna be my next amp purchase if I don't change my mind for a Mesa or a Soldano (but I got no money now so by then I'll know what I want lol).

Yea I was debating on getting one for a while. On paper it seems like the perfect amp for someone that wants to create there own tone and style. But I have heard some people are not to keen on them.. But I still need to get my hands on one to give it a test run... As it sites now I as far as future purchase's I want to get my hands on a Engl Powerball and maybe a Krankenstein for some stereo fun... Then the last amp i will ever purchase is gonna be a Diezel Herbert...
400 watts, solid state

one knob and thats for distortion, cause its all you need.

extra effects: mid pulverizer (brings you mids to zero on first push, second push brings it to negative numbers)

amp modelled after -- MARSHALL MG! i mean like seriously, its a marshall. isnt that the same ones that zakk wylde likes? so it must be crushing!
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yea I was debating on getting one for a while. On paper it seems like the perfect amp for someone that wants to create there own tone and style. But I have heard some people are not to keen on them.. But I still need to get my hands on one to give it a test run... As it sites now I as far as future purchase's I want to get my hands on a Engl Powerball and maybe a Krankenstein for some stereo fun... Then the last amp i will ever purchase is gonna be a Diezel Herbert...

I know VHTs aren't for everyone, but after hearing Sig X I don't know if I should go for a stereo setup (pick up a 2 ch. Recto and use it with my 6505+) or get a more expensive amp like the Sig X...

Man, those Sig X clips are frickin' TIGHT TIGHT.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420

how many watts?
25-30

head and cab or combo?
Head+cab

how many channels?
Hotrodded marshall rhythm channel, a blackface fender twin channel, a channel to give some metal like chugga rhythms,and a lead channel with a TON of smooth gain for my leads.
So that makes 4. I could go for some other ones, but that's just excess at that point.

Absolutely.

No reason to have one

Valve :p

what valves?
Probably load it with 6L6's.

Everything i can get, . built in speaker sim, with direct output, all the fancy stuff you can think of.

Freaking awesome, i think.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by aznrockerdude
I know VHTs aren't for everyone, but after hearing Sig X I don't know if I should go for a stereo setup (pick up a 2 ch. Recto and use it with my 6505+) or get a more expensive amp like the Sig X...

Man, those Sig X clips are frickin' TIGHT TIGHT.

Since I have went stereo I dont think I could ever go back to just one amp.. Its pretty amazing how full two amps sound. And it increases your versatility 10 fold with 2 amps and an eq going on the back end, any tone and any sound is possible. I've managed to get several tones that I didnt even think were possible out of two budget amps (similar tones to Engl Fireball and Krankenstien for example). And the more amps you get the more combos you can run plus no one has your tone when your start running multiple amps..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Since I have went stereo I dont think I could ever go back to just one amp.. Its pretty amazing how full two amps sound. And it increases your versatility 10 fold with 2 amps and an eq going on the back end, any tone and any sound is possible. I've managed to get several tones that I didnt even think were possible out of two budget amps (similar tones to Engl Fireball and Krankenstien for example). And the more amps you get the more combos you can run plus no one has your tone when your start running multiple amps..

Yeah, true that. Still, not sure if that would kill my GAS for a pricier amp lol.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
30w/100w switchable.
-There would also be a switch to go between EL34 power valves and 6L6GCs.
3 Channels.
-Clean, with one gain stage. (Jazz voicing)
-Crunch, with 2 gain stages. (British voicing, like Oasis)
-Lead, with 3 gain stages and a SS boost (switchable). (American voicing, like Metallica)
Footswitchable FX loop with mix dial.
Footswitchable channel switching via MIDI controller.
Valve-driven reverb.
5 band graphic EQ (like the Mesa Mark series)
1 Input.
Cabinet 4x12.
-Oversized
-Fitted with 2x Celestion Vintage 30 and 2x G12T-75 speakers
-Closed Back
-Removable casters

Sound impossible? It probably is...
Quote by aznrockerdude
Yeah, true that. Still, not sure if that would kill my GAS for a pricier amp lol.

It wouldnt kill it, hell it wouldnt even make a dent... Take me for example im now wanting to run two pricier amps in stereo which pretty much doubled my expenses lol

GAS is a horrible diease that never ends... Its best to take it in and embrace it for what it is... lol But ohh well we all need a hobby and we cant take it with us right...
I'd have 3.

Amp 1: Clean
Single Channel - Blackface Fender Vibrato channel inc. Reverb.
30w output
Cathode Bias
4x 6V6 OR 2x 6L6 output tubes (not decided yet)
Tube rectifier
No Master Volume
1x12 combo - Weber 12A125

Amp 2: Crunch
Marshall JTM45 Bright+Normal Inputs
Master
2x KT66 output tubes
Cathode Bias
30w output
Tube Rectifier
VVR-style output wattage control
1x12 combo - Celestion G12H

Amp 3: Lead
JCM800 Preamp
2x EL34 Output tubes
30w output
Cathode bias
Solid State Rectifier
Master
1x12 combo - Celestion G12K-100
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Here's the specs for mine:

It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

But in all seriousness, it would be stereo amp, and i think it would be tube - 2 separate channels which are footswitchable - one that runs at 30 watts RMS for some clean headroom, another that runs at 15 so that it can be slightly overdriven at the same volume as the clean. This would probably mean 2 power-amp stages, but i'm not sure. no master volumes; instead, it would have an attenuator built in so that i could get power-tube saturation at any level. i'd probably have it built as a head and have matching 4x10 cabs built.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
yeah on the CUBE

how many watts?
50 billion with watt selector knob to change wattage.

head and cab or combo?
combo

how many channels?
45.3 billion channels

yes and individual volume controls too

yup it will have 2 power switches. the first turns on a billion watts while the other one turns on the rest of the watts.

Valve.

what valves?
it would have multiple valves.

it will have ability to model any amp in the world and it will be continually updated with firmware. it will also have all the effects with a computer station to make your own effects!

how i want it to sound, when i want it to sound.
100 watts. 4 channels. It would be in head and 212 combo form. Master volume and 4-band EQ for each separate channel. It would have power switches from 100w, 25w, and 10w. All valve, not sure on the tubes with all those different channels. It would have a built in tube powered reverb. The sound? Channel A would be a Twin Reverb clean. Channel B would be a Bassman-like overdrive. Channel C would be a Plexi-like overdrive, and Channel D would have a Roadking-like distortion.

*drools*
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
how many watts?
100, switchable to 50 and to 25

head and cab or combo?
Head

how many channels?
4:
Clean
Light
Crunch
Heavy Lead

Of course

See above

Valve

what valves?
Erm, don't know much about valves, but JJ/TungSol seem the ones to choose

want*, and erm...built in spring reverb and an FX Loop which has it's own volume. An EQ like on the Mesa Mark series would be cool too.

Clean: Roland Jazz Chorus
Light: Really light OD, think Stevie Ray Vaughan OD
Crunch: Marshall JCM800 overdriven
Heavy: Splawn Nitro bottom end with the ability to turn the mids up to get more of a Quickrod tone out of it.

So basically a big Marshall with a load of extras
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
A tube cube would actually be pretty cool... just cause they could call it the Tube Cube.

I want a 5 watt Rect-o-verb.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
I never understood why having a bunch of channels was necessary, I've never had a problem getting a broad range of sounds with a single channel non-master volume.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
100 watts. 4 channels. It would be in head and 212 combo form. Master volume and 4-band EQ for each separate channel. It would have power switches from 100w, 25w, and 10w. All valve, not sure on the tubes with all those different channels. It would have a built in tube powered reverb. The sound? Channel A would be a Twin Reverb clean. Channel B would be a Bassman-like overdrive. Channel C would be a Plexi-like overdrive, and Channel D would have a Roadking-like distortion.

*drools*

Lulz
Bassman and plexi preamps are very similar.
You would have 2 very similar channels
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer

If not that, maybe:

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by kool98769
Lulz
Bassman and plexi preamps are very similar.
You would have 2 very similar channels

No they are not.

A JTM-45 is based off a '59 bassman circuit yet sounds nothing like a bassman. The later JMP plexis (1986, 87, superlead, superbass) are even less like bassmans.
I would have a head and cab style amp. 120 watts, with built in reverb, and a built in attenuator. Also, it would have a built in Acoustic simulator.

4x12 cab loaded with Celestion speakers

2 channels

EQ settings are sliders instead of knobs

No watt switches

Switchable Class A/B

Tung Sol 12ax7 preamp tubes

JJ 6l6 power tubes.

The head would have green LED's that switch on when the amp goes on.

Black metal grille. Pattern looks like //////////////// all the way across.

Distortion channel would sound like a Diezel Herbert on class A/B, and class A would sound like a Marshall JCM 800

Clean would sound like a clean Mesa Boogie on class A/B, and like a vintage Fender amp on Class A.

the grille logos would have CDC in green. It would be made of metal.

Outside of amp would be black.

I would kill for that amp.

Oh and, MSRP $10,500
Based off the Diezel VH4

6 speakers(all 12" custom made by Mesa)

160W

Half stack.

4 channels, Clean,light dist.,Medium dist. Medium-heavy dist w/ presence and deep (like on the vh4 and herbert)

Volume,Gain,Low,Low-mid,Mid,High

Yes to master volume

No half power switch.

Valve>SS

KT66 for the power tubes, and 12ax7 for pre-amp

Head and cab would be made of Mahogany with steel plate like accent.( like a sheet of steel with a design cut out.

Red LEDs in the head that glow out
Built in 32 b and rack EQ, Just because I can. The head would be a rack set with the 32 band EQ actual head it self.
Keeping it real since '92
Last edited by Toolfan11 at Jul 28, 2008,
Quote by Explorer125
I would have a head and cab style amp. 120 watts, with built in reverb, and a built in attenuator. Also, it would have a built in Acoustic simulator.

4x12 cab loaded with Celestion speakers

2 channels

EQ settings are sliders instead of knobs

No watt switches

Switchable Class A/B

Tung Sol 12ax7 preamp tubes

JJ 6l6 power tubes.

The head would have green LED's that switch on when the amp goes on.

Black metal grille. Pattern looks like //////////////// all the way across.

Distortion channel would sound like a Diezel Herbert on class A/B, and class A would sound like a Marshall JCM 800

Clean would sound like a clean Mesa Boogie on class A/B, and like a vintage Fender amp on Class A.

the grille logos would have CDC in green. It would be made of metal.

Outside of amp would be black.

I would kill for that amp.

Oh and, MSRP $10,500

except that neither of those amps are class A.
Quote by al112987
except that neither of those amps are class A.

It doesn't necessarily have to make sense......

Does it?
I guess not, but calling it class A would insinuate that it sounds like a class A amplifier
Quote by al112987
I guess not, but calling it class A would insinuate that it sounds like a class A amplifier

Well, instead of a class change, why don't I just say that there is a vintage and modern mode...
Page 1 of 2