I've been recording some with my PODXt Live and I can never achieve the clarity I want. I always get the kind of sound you would get if you stuck a mic next to your amp and hit record. I record using USB from the POD to my laptop. I want to keep the settings I have but I just need tips on cleaning up the sound. I'm sure part of it is mixing work. I'm just not very savvy when it comes to that. Can anyone also recommend a good solid recording program, preferably free, that is good for recordings songs track by track and such. Mixing tips would be helpful too.
If it's blue, then it MUST smell good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i use garageband and never have a problem with the pod live. (check my profile for sound sample) you have to make sure your levels are ok on the recording program and mess with the output settings on the pod itself. after that I would strongly suggest getting gearbox so you can mess with more pod settings (models, effects, etc.) on screen. (its free from line 6 website). i also use USB. do you have a mac by any chance? is so then you should definately get garage band...very easy to use
Quote by sowhat360
i use garageband and never have a problem with the pod live. (check my profile for sound sample) you have to make sure your levels are ok on the recording program and mess with the output settings on the pod itself. after that I would strongly suggest getting gearbox so you can mess with more pod settings (models, effects, etc.) on screen. (its free from line 6 website). i also use USB. do you have a mac by any chance? is so then you should definately get garage band...very easy to use

Yeah, I haave Gearbox and I love it. I don't have a Mac, but am I still able to use Garage Band? Also, if there are any techniques such as any filtering you do or modification post-recording that you use they would be appreciated.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Well, I've done the research and as far as I can see I can't use Garage Band because I have Windows. Any other suggestions for recording software will be happily considered.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Have you tried using less gain on your amp settings? When recording, you never need as much gain as you would use live.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
i know the threads old, but i think that u need to adjust the input levels on ur computer. good luck!
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.