Hey pit, I'm heading to the US in a couple of weeks from Ireland and I plan to avail of whatever cheap clothes/shoes etc I can get there!

I'll be visiting New York and DC and I'm wondering what some of the big skate stores are over there. Here in Ireland we have very few and they're mostly independent. So when I'm over in the US I'm going to buy as many pairs of shoes, jeans and hoods as I can.

The reason I ask for skate stores is because that's the stuff I wear, Dc, Zoo York etc.
(+ I skate)

Thanks
I used to skate back when it was fun. What's all the hype about it?
Quote by YourDad
I used to skate back when it was fun. What's all the hype about it?

Couldn't the same be said for any sport?

I still find it enjoyable, + it's quicker than walking for getting around too so that's a bonus
Quote by yellowlizard
Couldn't the same be said for any sport?

I still find it enjoyable, + it's quicker than walking for getting around too so that's a bonus

Yeah I know. I just don't get all the skating apparel. DC and stuff.
well. i haven't really seen any bargain skate stores. i shop for skate shoes online because you can find cheaper deals. there really arent to many chain skate stores. You will probably find yourself looking at the same pair of 50$ emericas at every store.
One Percent
Quote by sicformyage
well. i haven't really seen any bargain skate stores. i shop for skate shoes online because you can find cheaper deals. there really arent to many chain skate stores. You will probably find yourself looking at the same pair of 50$ emericas at every store.

Dude, $50 to guys from the UK like me is nothing. Those same Emericas would be the same but in £ over here, that's how mucked up it is

So I didn't mean cheap stores to you, just that most stores in the US will be significantly cheaper than here.

And to the guy about skate apparel, I dunno, the alternative is looking like a chav so lol
There are quite a few. Your best bet would be to look in a mall.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by spartan 118
There are quite a few. Your best bet would be to look in a mall.

Wish our culture here was like that. Think we have a grand total of 2-3 in our "capital" Belfast.

The sarcasm in your reply was totally called for lol
Quote by yellowlizard
Wish our culture here was like that. Think we have a grand total of 2-3 in our "capital" Belfast.

The sarcasm in your reply was totally called for lol

I wasn't aware I was being sarcastic. I'm really tired.

But seriously, at every mall I've ever been in, I have seen several skate stores.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by spartan 118
I wasn't aware I was being sarcastic. I'm really tired.

But seriously, at every mall I've ever been in, I have seen several skate stores.

Ah ok, just "your best bet would be to look in a mall" sort of seemed as if you were stating the obvious. Which, you were lol, but it's a valid point! Just not used to the idea of seeing skate stores in malls, the only sport/clothing chains we have here are all nike/adidas etc since the population is filled with chavs and skate culture is sparse.

Cheers
zumiez/pac sun/tsx are a couple ones.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by GuiPage
There's a Element store in Times Square =)

I was typing that until I saw the post above
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

If your in DC, go up to Rockville, which is about 10 minutes north of there, and they have a good skate shop called Asylum. I havent been there recently, but they used to have some clothes and shoes in there. Also, if your looking skate shoes and hoodies and stuff, Pac Sun at just about any mall is your friend. Thats all they sell. But they are a little pricey.