I live in Ottawa, and as many of the older teenagers here know, beer is cheaper in Hull. Also, they're much more lenient with ID. Anyways, so I had just made a trip with a buddy, and we were coming back with a copious amount of beer. (To the point where it didn't all fit in the trunk of my car.) Anyways, so I was driving back and I started speeding. Unintentionally, but enough to attract some attention from an RCMP officer. He pulls me over, and naturally I'm terrified. I just received a speeding ticket less than a month ago, and if I get another one I would have to explain to the police (or whoever) why I deserve to have a license- the punishment for receiving 6 demerit points on your license. So he comes up, and immediately notices the beer- and that I'm not 19. He notices I'm born in 1990 and assumes I was 18, so he lets that slide, temporarily. He returns to his car, laughing, and tells me he knows I'm 17, damn. He then tells me protocol would be for him to pour out all the beer, and asks me why I didn't just put it in my trunk. Naturally I don't say anything, so he becomes suspicious. He makes me open my trunk, and immediately bursts out laughing. He just can't contain his laughter. This cop is probably only in his mid 20's, so he says "Big party tonight?" to which I reply "It's gonna be huge, man. Want to come?" Basically we keep chatting, and I convince him that if I can call my father, and he says he knows I drink, he'll let me keep my beer, which my father does (thankfully, knowing him he would've said no just to spite me.) Anyways, he tells me that he'll be back with my speeding ticket. Stress resumes. 10 minutes later, comes back with just a WARNING, tells me to have a great party, and sends me on my way.

tl;dr- Cops can be really cool guys.
That's odd.

I thought you guys put your beer in bags.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
That's odd.

thats only our milk and women
I refuse to put anything that masturbates my ego in my sig.
Quote by Kensai
That's odd.

we also live in igloos, have pet penguins and ride polar bears!

Not everything is like milk
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Quote by Kensai
That's odd.

yeah, the cops around here show quite a bit of slack when it comes to speeding and weed, the perks of Canada i guess
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
amazing, thats like out of super troopers or something haha
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
I had a similar experience with a Jamaican police officer. Me and some friends were smoking a few joints in the park and he came from behind us and shouted 'WHO BE SMOKIN DA REEFER?'
A few minutes of questioning into what kind of weed it was and he whispered 'if ya want ta be smokin de ganja, go somewhere a bit more discreet' winked, and went away.
ohai little sig.
Wow....i wish cops out here were like that.

My brother got cuffed yesterday just for pulling out of my apartment complex. It's a very....minority place of living. And he's....caucasian......:-/

Pigs.....
Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.
Quote by Demonikk
I had a similar experience with a Jamaican police officer. Me and some friends were smoking a few joints in the park and he came from behind us and shouted 'WHO BE SMOKIN DA REEFER?'
A few minutes of questioning into what kind of weed it was and he whispered 'if ya want ta be smokin de ganja, go somewhere a bit more discreet' winked, and went away.

where were you in jamaica?
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
It was probably Zeus, he was watching over you that night, lucky man.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Demonikk

I wish a Jamaican cop would walk up on me mid-bong hit and yel, "WHO BE SMOKIN DA REEFER?"

That would be classic.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Slone
where were you in jamaica?

I was in London, the officer himself was Jamaican
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk

hahahahahahahaha

I havn't laughed like that for a looong time!

Thats brilliant!
Yours Sincerely
George
Lol.. kinda reminds me of Superbad
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
awesome story TS, you lucky bastard! cops here are not nearly that lenient. i'm in california, and although it does allow medical marijuana, it seems that it's reputation is "really easy going and chill" but it isn't at all as far as i have seen. occasionally a cop will let you off with a warning for speeding, but he would never let you get away with that much alcohol, and both at the same time?...you're doomed.

on the 4th of july this year my dad got a ticket for having alcohol at the beach. we were staying at a friend's place, and he was just showing us around the pier and such, and my dad happened to bring along a small cup of wine that he had been drinking back at the house. a cop not in uniform bulled out his badge and gave him the ticket.....

My mind is going. I can feel it.
dude, I'm from Ottawa too man, and you got lucky. Which is of course good for you, but it still pisses me off to see how our cops deal with that stuff. You get taxed to hell, and then these assholes who we pay come around and don't even do their job.
Quote by Demonikk

Quote by Demonikk
I was in London, the officer himself was Jamaican

I don't know how I didn't get that. I'm a tard lol sorry
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Damnit, thats an awesome cop.

Police around here are bitches... One day I had some stuff on me and me and some friends went to a school nearby to meet some guys to smoke. This school is a popular place for stoners to smoke and chill, and people are always climbing on the roof. Well we got there and there were some kids on the roof and some kids on the ground said the cops were coming so we booked it. We were at the 7/11 next door chilling, and one of friends went BACK to the school to meet up with the other guys, then the cops showed up. We were freaking out because we thought they were gonna get caught with weed, but it turns out the cops only asked about the kids on the roof.
Cops are scary
Quote by The_Paranoia

Good thread...

What ended up happening? I didn't bother to stay up.

It was great though.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Ahh yes the old beer run to Hull . That takes me back. You definetly got lucky by getting pulled over by the RCMP they seem not to worry about petty stuff like that . Whats really dumb is that it is supposedly illegal to bring alcohol back across the provincial border with you. The funny part is , when I was your age ( before Ottawa beer stores closed on Sundays) I was in Hull ( for thos that don,t know Hull is a city in Quebec just across the bridge from Otawa)doing the exact same thing and when I came out of the big walk in cooler there was an Ottawa cop standing there. I nodded a hello to him and casually walked by. Turns out he was there buying beer illegally aswell.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09