iv got £400 to spend on a new amp but have not got a clue where to start

any advice

thanks
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
what's your current rig and what music do you play? will you be gigging?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what does rig mean

and no i wont be gigging but im lookin to join a band asap so im keeping that in mind

oh sorry, i just mean your current guitar, amp etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
atm my amp is a marshall 15cd-hency why i need a better amp

and my guitars are an indie extreme plus custom and an ibane s-470 wiv miracle man pickups

ok, thanks. what music do you play?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
rock mainly a bt of metal

bands i like are rhcp, avenged sevenfold, velvet revolver, nirvana

but in my own sound i loke a ticker, warmer tone, and like quite alot of gain say 6ish

that's quite a wide range of stuff. if you play the lighter and heavier stuff about equally, i'd maybe consider the peavey valveking 112. it's 50 watts, should easily be enough for band practice, all-valve. it's not amazing, it doesn't really do anything spectacularly, but does most styles decently.

if you're willing to compromise a bit on some of the tones, you could get a nicer amp for £400. for stuff along the lines of classic rock and blues, a laney vc30 or peavey classic 30 would be worth a look- if you ask me, both are nicer amps than the valveking, but the valveking will do the heavier stuff better.

if you veer more towards heavier stuff, i'd maybe consider a randall rg50tc. but it won't do crunch tones anywhere near as well.

a laney lc30 (£350) might actually be a good choice- it's pretty versatile, and more than likely a better amp than the valveking. I preferred the vc30 when i tried it (but i was after a more vintage tone so probably didn't give it a fair try), but the lc30 was a lot more modern-sounding, yet still had nice cleans.

a marshall dsl401 might be worth a try too, but it may be a little over budget, and i think it's in bad need of a speaker upgrade too, which is normally around £50.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's quite a wide range of stuff. if you play the lighter and heavier stuff about equally, i'd maybe consider the peavey valveking 112. it's 50 watts, should easily be enough for band practice, all-valve. it's not amazing, it doesn't really do anything spectacularly, but does most styles decently.

if you're willing to compromise a bit on some of the tones, you could get a nicer amp for £400. for stuff along the lines of classic rock and blues, a laney vc30 or peavey classic 30 would be worth a look- if you ask me, both are nicer amps than the valveking, but the valveking will do the heavier stuff better.

if you veer more towards heavier stuff, i'd maybe consider a randall rg50tc. but it won't do crunch tones anywhere near as well.

a laney lc30 (£350) might actually be a good choice- it's pretty versatile, and more than likely a better amp than the valveking. I preferred the vc30 when i tried it (but i was after a more vintage tone so probably didn't give it a fair try), but the lc30 was a lot more modern-sounding, yet still had nice cleans.

a marshall dsl401 might be worth a try too, but it may be a little over budget, and i think it's in bad need of a speaker upgrade too, which is normally around £50.

+1

The DSL401 shouldn't be overbudget though. And don't get the TSL's. Plays like **** compared to the DSL.
Real men don't need sigs.