Looking for a new guitar in the 400-700$ canadian price range.
I like playing stuff like metallica, megadeth, protest the hero, avenged sevenfold (just kidding), pretty much anything to thrash to modern.
but can someone tell me the 3 best guitars in the 400-700$ price range that are the best quality, and overall playabillity (sp?).
and please, no IBANEZ CUZ THAR FTW posts please. thanks.

bounce out
I personally would go with any Schecter... I play the Damien FR and love it. Will be getting a Tempest soon too.
I think a Jackson DK2 (not too sure on Canadian currency though) would be awesome, they're incredibly versatile and play great, with one of the best LFRs I've ever played
ohai little sig.
Jackson DKMG is on my list, same with the rr3.
and whats the difference between ESP LTD 200 to 400 models?
and if its a big difference, should i save more for the 400?
I have a Fender FM212R.
It has decent tone, but i need to get a new guitar.
my epi lp100 is falling apart. literally.
Any of the jackson Dinky guitars are really nice. I got a DK2M and it plays like a dream.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
well if the epi is falling to ****, id say have a look at what everyone's sugessted, and yes id save for the LTD 400 series, LTD's, aren't great instruments till the 400 Line
Well, personally, I love Ibanez. They're fast and have a pretty good tone range. Schecters are pretty good too. They look freakin' sweet! Recently, though, I've been playing a Kramer Striker 422-SM FR. It's much cheaper than what you are looking for. In fact, it was only $250! Along with the awsome price, it sounds great! I have a $500 Epiphone Les Paul Custom and the Kramer is blows it away! In terms of playablility, the Kramer has a very fast neck and can handle fairly low strings. The sound is a lot like Eddie Van Halen's - He played a Kramer Baretta which is like the more expencive sister of the Striker. There is probably one fault that I have found and that is, the trem arm gets in the way when you try to ajust the volume.

EDIT: As far as the prices I've listed here, they are in American currency.
I'd suggest an Ibanez S series, any guitar in the Jackson Pro or MG series, LTD 400 series or up.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
alright thanks, because i was playing the m-200fm ltd at a guitar store the other day and it sounded great. but if i improve to a 400, then it will sound much better?
and can someone tell me about the schecters? which one if the best bet?
if you get an LTD, I wouldn't go under the 400 line. there's a huge quality leap from the Viper 200 to 400.

well for the bands you listed you might want to try out all the LTD's 400-series, and I can also recommend hard-tail bridge RG's, especially the ones made out of mahagony. The ibanez 321 is an awesome guitar IMO with new pickups and mechanics.
RG321, but that's a cheap one.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Get a...
Jackson JS30RR Randy Rhoads. Only 300$ American(Not sure about Canadian) Incredible deal for an amazing guitar.

Dean Razorback DB. These run about 500$ for the best deal on the best quality from dean.

ESP LTD Kirk Hammet signature. 430$ Truley one of the best metal guitars out there.

I have some great experience with these guitars since I work at a Guitar Center. Trust me, plat a guitar before you buy it thuogh. Dont be a retard and buy it off of the internet.
Good luck.
Quote by MetalGear1786
A Jackson dinky, check out musicians friend. They are really good metal guitars.

true that. i own one and they are great for metal.
ESP, Jackson, Dean, or any of the Epiphone Prophecys.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
So the ones I like right now are:
Ibanez s520ex
Jackson rr3
Jackson DKMG
LTD MH-400
LTD EX-400

What are some guitars i should try before i make my desicion though?
You should always try out a strat. :P A Schecter Hellraiser will be just within your price range too.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15