ive been playing guitar for quite some time, but i cant seem to bend my wrist with ease to play the guitar... and i have my guitar so high, that i look like a bass player...and retarded...what can i do to fix this

(edit) oops i forgot...by stretch i mean turn... so basically my fingers don't go straight up the neck of the guitar, but they are pointed a little more right then i think is normal...ill post pics when i get the chance.
Last edited by mudrock1000 at Jul 29, 2008,
It doesn't matter how you look, its about the skill.

And as for that crack at bassists...

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
just take your best friend...make he or she tie rope around ur wrists and ankles...stretchhhhh
there yago...not very safe but it gets the job done
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by dancesisidance
It doesn't matter how you look, its about the skill.

And as for that crack at bassists...

What is it with everybody being against looking cool while playing?
I don't get it.
I enjoy watching players that look good...unlike all these new bands who play up under their chins.
It's a little something called "style", which has sadly been forgotten.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
nothing wrong with having your guitar "high up"

however if you really can't live with it, your wrist will come round eventually. I remember struggling when i first started playing standing up, it will come with time.
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I don't get it.
I enjoy watching players that look good...unlike all these new bands who play up under their chins.

I'm not against style or whatever.
But I'd rather see someone play good and wear their guitar high than someone play crappy and look like the coolest thing since the fonz

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
well it really does suck...my left hand bends but my right hand is like messed up...
Why is it "stylish" to wear the guitar low as opposed to high? Sounds "retardedish".
well lets put it this way...it looks retarded when your guitar is a little high, and your elbow is kinda angled towards your stomach rather then how you would expect.

try worrying more about how you sound than how you look....if it's bothering you that much then go back to Guitar Hero.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I don't get it.

well fall out boy must be, like , the coolest band ever if were going by your standards. and besides you listen to music not watch it. as for the actual topic, try playing up high on the neck, which makes you bend your wrist more, and will eventually loosen up your wrist
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
How old are you? Serious question. If you're still growing then forget about looking like your favourite band. Adults are obviously a lot bigger and so they have longer fingers, which enables them to have their instrument lower and not have to bend their wrist very much.

There's nothing wrong with lowering your guitar to look cool, but if you have to bend your wrist in a retarded way, then that just looks stupid.
Quote by lewis_grey
have you tried furious masturbation?.....

+1
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
If it's good enough for Tom Morello, it's good enough for you.
Quote by mudrock1000
... and i have my guitar so high, that i look like a bass player...and retarded...

Sig'd

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦