A started another thread awhile ago asking about tube amps. Ive narrowed it down to three but need an opinion. This isnt a "which amp" thread, i like all three amps but i wonder if the price difference are really worth it?

Im looking at a Peavey XXX as my high end one, used of course for around $500-600

A peavey Valveking for $350-500 as my mid range option

And a B-52 At-100 for $200-300 as my low price option. The peavey Valveking is a great amp but is the XXX worth it for the extra $$? Ive never played one but i expect it to be good. Or, should i just get the B-52, as this is my first good amp, and next time i upgrade go for the XXX or Valveking?

Thanks

P.S. All amps are the stack version
It's worth it, and by the way, I would say the Valveking as the lowest of those three amps, then the B-52, then the XXX.
responding to Explorer first, im looking used and on ebay, i mean some not used but mostly used. I was thinking about the triple but i wouldnt have a cab for awhile as i dont have enough, but im thinking about it. When i played the vk it didnt seem to be too bad, the distortion was better than i expected and the sound was nice and crisp even at low volumes. The B-52 is my last choice purely because.... its obviously outclassed by the other two
Theres always the Combo Version of the Triple... And the VK is a nice purchase but it really depends on what your using it for and odds are your gonna have to mod it so that would bump you up a couple hundred bucks to get it to its full potential..
if i can find a combo triple that would be great, i could rip out the amp par tif i wanted later, hahaha. no but that would be good, if i can find a used one, inform me if you find one, id be grateful. Can be used and not too much $$$
i haven't tried the b52, but the xxx is quite a bit better than the VK, especially for metal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
basically there is a series of amps peavey made. It started with the peavey Ultra which evolved into the XXX then Joe satriani came out the the JSX. But i wouldn't go with the valveking. And if you don't get a warrenty with the b-52, don't get it. Then get the xxx
gotcha, so the Ultra is a (less refined?) older version of the XXX? Th JSX is way out of my range and i liked the valveking
Quote by yawny
i will, how are those compared to the XXX?

Same amp pretty much, just more versatile in some ways and less in others.. Its only got two sets of eq controls vs the triple has 3. But the Ultra has a half power switch so if you like 60 watts over 120 then you can switch it down. Also I actually preferred the Ultra over the Triple but that could be due to a number of varibles....
the wattage doesnt bother me so that really isnt an issue and i like the triple a lot plus i cant afford the ultra right now haha

Also, what would you reccomend for sets of tubes as i dont know how long some of these used ones will last? and prices please?
i agree with ibanez psycho and iceman 420...

i am selling my xxx head for $600 + shipping

but if you dont have enough for a fairly decent cab then i would suggest the combo,..the active eq in the triple x hates cheap cabs.....i tried out several,...ended up selling my marshall (1960a/b) stack and getting a mesa recto and traditional stack (one oversized cab..one standard sized cab)

good luck
ill keep in mind that youre selling if i cant get one cheaper. are you selling on ebay or just advertizing yourself? and i would get a good cab around christmas, or whenever i had the money
(unless you already have a cheaper cab) you realise that head + no cab = no sound and exploding output transformer, right?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?