5 15%
Mac
11 33%
HP
5 15%
Other
12 36%
Voters: 33.
Headin to University in the Fall and I need to choose a laptop pretty quick here. I know a Mac would be good for artsy stuff but i need something that can game too. anyone else in a similar dilema...
not a laptop, but a cheap laptop for word and carrying files and then buy a real pc to game
What price range are we looking in here?

And Asus ftw
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Do you want a 14, 15 or a 17 inch? I use my 14 for school and I love it. I can play Oblivion and CoD4 with really nice graphics. Resolution is 1280x800 with a dedicated video card. It's about 1200, you need to buy an extra gig of ram(included in 1200). Comes with a shoulder strap case, mouse, 2 cleaning cloths, and 2 year limited warranty. 1 year of accidental is included also! This thing is lightning fast, I don't regret getting it at all. Asus F8Sa-x2 14 inch. For 15 the Asus F8Sa, same tech specs. If you want insane gaming, a 17 inch I know can play crysis on max settings. Gateway FX series, you can get it at best buy. Also about 1300. Check www.newegg.com they are VERY reliable.
No: Acer, HP, or Dell
Yes: Mac
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
dells are cheaper
macbooks are about £600.
if you want a cheap one look at asus, they have some with word processing and wi-fi for about £200. it runs on linux if thats a problem
link:http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/133848/asus-eee-pc-701.html
/advertisment

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Last edited by hugh20 at Jul 28, 2008,
Get an HP. You'll probly need special software for your major and Macs probly won't be compatible.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
But really, MAC ftw. For school MAC is the best, dual boot vista and game.. You need a pro to game, you're looking at 3000 though.
Though I'm sort of against the computers, I suggest you should eventually buy a Mac in your lifetime. You'll either like it or not (my brother got one for college, he said it was a great computer, but he won't really spend more money to get another one.)

Anyways, they will last you all four years without needing much maintenance on them and such
(MAKE SURE you have proof that you are a student so you can get a great discount)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Get a HP cheap and they last, but no to laptop gaming.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Seriously dude follow my advice..

I bought a Dell Inspiron 1525

its cheap, 180 gigs, vista, a good ram speed, centrino, 2mp webcam [nice]...

Dell has international warranty 1 yr or local warranty 3 yrs!!!
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by SDZAKKMF
But really, MAC ftw. For school MAC is the best, dual boot vista and game.. You need a pro to game, you're looking at 3000 though.

pssh
ibuypower.com
cyberpowerinc.com
A lot cheaper and much better for gaming.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
iv never had a problem with a single piece of hardware i got in a dell computer. i always buy dell. very good support too.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
ASUS all the way man.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Quote by Chaosinborn
not a laptop, but a cheap laptop for word and carrying files and then buy a real pc to game

This. If you want a school laptop to take to lectures and library, get some dinky thing with a 12 or 14 inch screen. If you want a gaming computer buy (or build!) a pc that will cost a third as much as a laptop with the same stats. Trying to get one computer that does both well is not a very good option IMO. And you get just buy both comps for less then the price of a single laptop that is good enough to really game on.

I built my first desktop last fall without really any computer nerd know-how, and it was super easy. I will never waste money on buying a fancy comp again.
EDIT: ^ Also YES for the love of god get something small and light. ^

ASUS is generally the best for the cheapest amount of money. Lenovo makes some fairly good notebooks as well. VAIOs are good, but, like macs, you pay more for the same pc. Macs are great computers, however you can get a similar pc for much less money (without the OS, of course).

Do NOT get a mac unless:
-you're rich enough to justify spending a lot more money for the same notebook
-you don't care about gaming (unless you get a pro)
IIIIIII
mac, best OS out there, and you get a free ipod and a discount if your a student.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.