Hi im getting a bass. I just want to know if peaveys are good bass amps cuz im thinking about getting one of those. Also what bass should i get this

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Metalman-2A-Demonator-Bass-Guitar-514312-i1275111.gc

or this

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Thunderbird-IV-Bass-100388504-i1150015.gc
those both look like faggotry and they both are terrible starters, go for the really cheap ibanez and a peavey amp is usually good
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Personally, I wouldnt go for neither.
Go to your local guitar shop and try some out that are in your price range.

And as for Peavey bass amps, I love them.
There tough and the tone is pretty nice.
you could look at a low end ltd
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Peavey also makes some good starter basses, as well as amps...

Try to get an amp with at least a 12" speaker.
Nope, no sig here.
i have bassically the same this as the dean... its not terrible but you could do alot better. Ibanez, schecter, peavey, even a squire bass the vintage modified 70's j bass is a surprisingly good instrument
this is my song. i made it out of music. please help it grow big and strong by criticising it mercilessly
lol u guys think im a beginer which im not cuz my friend let me borrow his bass stuff for 9 moths plus i play guitar. I know how to play a bass. Just tell me if those guitars i like suck are dont. And if they do show me one that doesnt. Plus i like those ones cuz they look sick.

And im gunna try them out at the store to c if they sound good i kno the epiphone might im not to sure about the dean
Quote by thrash232
lol u guys think im a beginer which im not cuz my friend let me borrow his bass stuff for 9 moths plus i play guitar. I know how to play a bass. Just tell me if those guitars i like suck are dont. And if they do show me one that doesnt. Plus i like those ones cuz they look sick.

psst, that's what they're trying to do.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
seriously though, for a good bass, in your price range, and for your genre/style (judging from your previous choices) check out some of the low-end Ibanez and Peavey basses.

Peavey is a good choice for a cheap amp too.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Quote by thrash232

those suck.

look into Squier's Vintage Modifed Jazz. Also the Ibanez, Squier, or Peavy starter packs are usually a safe bet
Quote by thrash232
Plus i like those ones cuz they look sick.

well since you like ****ty basses that look like poser guitars then pick a bass from this site.

http://bcrich.com/bass.asp

or buy the t-bird and be like that bassist from Chevelle.
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
the humanity official starter pack!
1) Ibanez GSR200
2) Acoustic AB50
3) Roadrunner gig bag
4) Monster cable, 12 ft (I think...)
5) cheap tuner

only $430!

I think I should sig this.

EDIT: sigged.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Last edited by the humanity at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by thrash232

Get out. Now.

If your gonna get a bass, get one that is comfortable not because they look good!
Do what NakedBassist said and get a Squire VM J. They are real nice to play, sound nice, and even look nice! But if you going to ignore me, dont get the T-bird. Bad fret access and neck dive = NO.

Also, UG gave you a edit option for a reason. Dont double post!
You stole my Overture
Double post fixed. And TS--if you ask for people's opinion, don't get snarky when people respond with opinions or options you don't like. You asked for our opinions first, remember?

And 14shadesofblue go back and read the rules thread.