Hey guys,

If you have a spare minute, pop on over to www.myspace.com/soundthebandmusic and check out some of the tracks my band has recorded. We got out of the studio about 2 weeks ago so we have 2 new songs up called 'So Alive' and 'My Feet Do The Same', I'm pretty happy with the way they came out.

All of the tracks uploaded are ours with the exception of Cute Without The E, although the older recordings arn't brilliant quality.

But yeah, check us out and give me some feedback if you can

-Guy
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
you guys are better than all your influences

Is that to say our influences are **** or do you actually like us a teeny bit? lol

-Guy
"So Alive" sounds decent, but I don't like the drumming because it seems boring. The song is mixed well and it's pretty catchy. I think your drummer and bassist need to play things that are more interesting and not so simple and then things would sound much better. Try to make things more interesting without stepping all over each others parts. The middle part doesn't fit at all - there was NO transition. As a part it sounds good, but you need to find a way to move into it more smoothly.

I like the guitar at the opening of "My Feet Do the Same". I think there was some slightly off tempo stuff when the bass drum came in. The vocalist sounds pretty good, but once again the drummer seems really...boring. Do you even have a bassist? If you do...why is he not playing? It seems like I can't hear ANY bass at all in this tune.

Listening to the other songs things start to sound kind of samey, so I'll just say that you need to have more interesting drumming and basslines and that you should try to make your songs stand out a bit from each other. Not bad overall - it has potential, just be careful of the tempo.

If you've got time take a peek at my stuff and let me know what you think. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914968
Quote by Tsunoyukami
"So Alive" sounds decent, but I don't like the drumming because it seems boring. The song is mixed well and it's pretty catchy. I think your drummer and bassist need to play things that are more interesting and not so simple and then things would sound much better. Try to make things more interesting without stepping all over each others parts. The middle part doesn't fit at all - there was NO transition. As a part it sounds good, but you need to find a way to move into it more smoothly.

I like the guitar at the opening of "My Feet Do the Same". I think there was some slightly off tempo stuff when the bass drum came in. The vocalist sounds pretty good, but once again the drummer seems really...boring. Do you even have a bassist? If you do...why is he not playing? It seems like I can't hear ANY bass at all in this tune.

Listening to the other songs things start to sound kind of samey, so I'll just say that you need to have more interesting drumming and basslines and that you should try to make your songs stand out a bit from each other. Not bad overall - it has potential, just be careful of the tempo.

If you've got time take a peek at my stuff and let me know what you think. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914968

Thanks alot for the feedback man, it's really useful to get people's honest opinions as long as they're constructive - which this is.

In So Alive I realise that the drums arn't anything special, but they fit and the idea was to put more emphasis on the riff, but I see what you're saying. The bass is pretty much following the guitars so yeah, it's not really doing anything unique.

Yeah I think it does go slightly off tempo, our drummer has a bit of a timing issue . The drum are might sound boring but the whole song is pretty simple and only has a few parts; I think the drums do a good job of helping the song build up, but they are a little plain when things kick off. I think our bassist comes in really late in this song, but he is there, lol.

I really like our vocalist, I see so many bands around my area that get let down by weak vocalists and I don't think that thats as much of an issue for us.

Thanks for all the comments, they're pretty helpful

I just checked out a bit of your acoustic stuff too. I really like the guitar parts, they're kinda mellow but intricate and well played, really nice to listen to - particularly on tracks like Cookies n Milk and Gumdrop Sailboats. I don't really understand what you're talking about tbh so, I won't go into that lol. I think your voice, with a bit more work could really help round everything off.

The quality of the recordings is pretty raw, like I can hear some feedback in the background, are you recording at home?

-Guy
Really nice! good job
nice catchy vocal tunes and guitar parts. I like the style of singing too.
good quality recording.
i think that there are alot of bands bands similar to this out there, and you're gonna have to find something you can add to your music to make you more unique, but you're very good.
actually as i finished typing that "my feet do the same" came on. This is pretty different, so yeah good job. keep it up
I know what you mean about trying to keep the drums and bass simple, but you got to be fair and let them have their time to shine as well. It one of the harder parts to writing a good song - trying to find the right balance. I think everything will sort itself out over time.

And yes - I'm recording myself at home using a crummy mic with everything being played at one time, so it's hard to get things to come out sounding balanced.
Yeah I know, it's a fair comment, Tsunoyukami. We all have our own input so I think it comes down to them more specifically. I think eventually we'll be able to perfect finding the balance, we're all 18 and me and the bassist have played for under 2 years and things can only get better with more time.
I'm the rhythm guitarist btw.

Thanks for the comments PETERFKNPARKER! Yah, we're not exactly the most original band, I think that's a very hard thing to be nowadays. But I love being in the band and I enjoy the music we put out, which is an important thing imo.

-Guy
Anyone else got any comments? It'd be great to hear any other feedback.

-Guy