I've go around $1000 dollars to buy a new guitar and amp.
I've been playing around a year, but haven't been serious until now.
And I don't know wht to look for.

I'm going to be playing a lot of emo, some stuff like A7X, and in my church.

I don't know if there's a guitar that covers all that, but i've been looking at PRS SE guitars.

Should I keep looking at those, or are there some that'll be better?

and please suggest some amps.
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
what type of stuff do you play in church? do you need nice cleans, i guess?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
b-52 at112, can get brutal and clean. And for a guitar, possibly a Schecter S-1 (I love those bad boys)
i always kinda liked Vox Amps.. despite having a marshall...

but if you get a PRS your not gonna have any money for a good enough amp to play on, cause you could have like a sick guitar yet a ****ty amp, what good would that do...

*edit* well i didnt realize that the PRS Custom is 600 bucks... wow id hit that if i wanted a new guitar
Quote by IbanezSA160
I farted in class once, but that's about as close i've got to a sexual experience in school.

Quote by duncanxdonuts
B2daR2daA2daD you win at life

DEAR GAWD!!!
Last edited by B2daR2daA2daD at Jul 28, 2008,
we're planning on playing a lot of Lincoln Brewster sounding songs.
and how's the PRS Tremonti SE, that's like $500 at my local guitar store.
or if the custom is way better, than i could get that and a amp thats not as good as the b-52 at112.

my church has speakers and a PA system, so would I need an amp?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave

he's talking about me!
that's just one that i've been looking at.
How are Jacksons that cost around $500-$600?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave

he's talking about me!
The dk2m and the rr3 are great, im stuck between choosing one of them for my next guitar
ok, i'll check them out at whatever guitar store i go to this weekend.

any amp suggestions?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave

he's talking about me!
is that the best amp in the price range?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave

he's talking about me!
not really.
i like playing and listening to emo music, yet i also like christian.

lots of kids enjoy 2 styles of music.
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave

he's talking about me!
Quote by Ghold125
The dk2m and the rr3 are great, im stuck between choosing one of them for my next guitar

RR3 FTW.

Anyways, pickup a Schecter, those might do ya good. Probably get a non-black finish (unless it doesn't have bl hardware, which most Schecter do have ), so it won't look Satanist in your church.

And the emo n' church is pretty odd. Kinda like I like rap and tons of rock/metal...
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by veggiederek
we're planning on playing a lot of Lincoln Brewster sounding songs.

i have no idea what that is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

i listen to a little rap and some rock/metal too.

should i stop?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave

he's talking about me!
no, i just meant i wasn't familiar with it, so couldn't help with the tones you were after.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
how good is the Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack compared to the B-52 At-112?

and the guitar will probably be the Jackson DK2M Dinky..
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave

he's talking about me!
Quote by veggiederek
how good is the Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack compared to the B-52 At-112?

Well the MG is a Giant box of Phail...
and if you ask why, just do a quick search for "Marshall MG"
so b52 at-112 is the amp i should get?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave

he's talking about me!
i haven't tried the b52, but there are few amps worse (and worse value) than the mg halfstack.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?