im looking into building my own guitar and so on blah blah blah..

i was just wondering, how do i actually go about doing it?

like,, iv only been playing for a year so im still yet to work out what everything does and how it works

for one, the truss rod, how does that thing work, and if i was to make my own, what would i have to do and stuff

dunno if it makes sence. but yeah., i does to me !

soo, any tips for a new guy on how to make his first buildd?

Gear:
-Tokai Les Paul Custom w/ Seymour Duncan Custom Custom & Pearly Gates
-Westfield B200
-Ibanez GRG170DXL

-VOX AD30VT
-Fender MD-20
-Marshall MG15DFX

Dunlop Cry Baby
-Digitech RP70
ok, id go with somthing simple, 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 pickup

buy a pre-built neck (warmoth or carvin) for a first build, they come with truss rods already installed.

and be prepared to dish out some serious cash here
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
how about i just go rob my local timber yard for some good maple?

Gear:
-Westfield B200
-Ibanez GRG170DXL

-VOX AD30VT
-Fender MD-20
-Marshall MG15DFX

Dunlop Cry Baby
-Digitech RP70
for the body, hell yeah!. for the neck, if u want to make one, buy TWO neck blanks- one for the actual neck and one for practice- they are dirt cheap at lumber yards, and practice is good for a beginner. truss rods go for about $10-$20 on www.stew-mac.com in that case. i still recommend a pre built neck, though.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
well if you want a good quality guitar you would make it from scratch with a thru neck, what you need to do is get couple of different books that explain how to do it cause it is alot of work, my wood shop teacher builds guitars and sells them he uses "stewart Macdonald" for parts and stuff. go to "stewmac.com" i think they have books on how to go about making a guitar but it would be advisable to find a mentor, unless you do waht everybody else on this site does and gets a body and warmoth and build something that resembles a better squire beginner guitar
right well, chunkyy bit of mohogany for the bodyy,, pre built kneck. now what ?

Gear:
-Westfield B200
-Ibanez GRG170DXL

-VOX AD30VT
-Fender MD-20
-Marshall MG15DFX

Dunlop Cry Baby
-Digitech RP70
electronics and hardware. stewmac for hardware. i already mentioned them as did Quiet_Man.....
for electronics, get that from stewmac as well and get pickups from guitarcenter or a similar store....duncan or dimarzio maybe..
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Seems like you guys ^^^ got it covered. A book really is the most helpful thing.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by The_Quiet_Man
well if you want a good quality guitar you would make it from scratch with a thru neck, what you need to do is get couple of different books that explain how to do it cause it is alot of work, my wood shop teacher builds guitars and sells them he uses "stewart Macdonald" for parts and stuff. go to "stewmac.com" i think they have books on how to go about making a guitar but it would be advisable to find a mentor, unless you do waht everybody else on this site does and gets a body and warmoth and build something that resembles a better squire beginner guitar

Yep, I haven't had a mentor, and I've done just that

Generalisations are made of fail.
haha +1 mintsauce.

thats like making some preposterous statement like "Asians can't drive" or something.

just kidding,
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.