okay, so. In a month or so i'm planning on purchasing quite a bit of new gear. The list i've got so far is as follows:
dimarzio air norton to replace EMG 85
dimarzio tone zone to replace EMG 81
morley bad horsie 2 contour wah pedal

AND either:
digitech bad monkey overdrive pedal
+ tremol-no

OR

mxr ZW-44 zakk wylde overdrive pedal

now, i'm pretty happy with the pickup choices, i'm not really a fan of the 81, and i believe i will be happy with the tone zone. However, i'm alright with the 85, i don't think it's that bad... would there be any problems with keeping the 85 in my guitar with the tone zone (bearing in mind that it is active.) also, with the air norton complement the tone zone better anyway since they're the same brand of pick up?

The tone i am looking for is something very paul gilbert-y but capable of being heavier.

I'm happy with the morley wah pedal, judging by reviews it's a good pedal and i shall be using it mostly with distortion for songs like bad horsie and also kirk hammett esque leads, does anybody think there is a better choice available?

Ok, overdrive. My amp is a Hiwatt G100 112r, and i've gotta say, the gain isn't that shabby. I don't see the obsession with OMFG GT AS MCH GAIN AS PSSBLE MA DISTRTIN MST B MAXIMUM, i don't play any death metal metal core screamo generic stuff at all. i dont care if that offended anyone. but i just want something to boost it up to a heavier level, just to get it to sound nice and heavy, lamb of god esque. The zakk wylde overdrive is much more expensive, but i've heard it adds more gain than the bad monkey?? i don't want a distortion pedal, i've had a bad time with them. and the tremol-no with be a nice add on but it's not essential. i do have a question though: when you lock of the tremolo does it allow you to unlock the nut and tune like a hardtail bridge? as in when you tune one string it does'nt affect the rest of the strings?

thank you in advance, share your thoughts
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
well i did some research, an overdrive pedal might be pointless with your current amp (it looks liked a ss in the pics i saw) And you realize they discontinued the bad money X(.

I say it would be worth it to get the tremolo-no.
and about mixing actives and passives, it's not the most fun thing in the world to do, and you can't use the middle position. But read this.
http://www.emginc.com/support.asp
Quote by Ghold125
well i did some research, an overdrive pedal might be pointless with your current amp (it looks liked a ss in the pics i saw) And you realize they discontinued the bad money X(.

I say it would be worth it to get the tremolo-no.
and about mixing actives and passives, it's not the most fun thing in the world to do, and you can't use the middle position. But read this.
http://www.emginc.com/support.asp

the amp really isn't that bad, don't base you're opinion on it's looks, it's got a good amount of gain. I would just like to get a bit more out of it is all

no i didn't know that about the bad monkey, but is it a good pedal??

thanks for the EMG page, ill probably just switch it out for the air norton. cheers.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
the thing is your amp is good, but being a solid state you can't really boost the amp with out it sounding like a box of buzz
really?
dayum.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino