Guys 'n' gals

hopefully you could help me out with a little predicament - i currently own a mint (under a year old hardly used) Jackson RR3 flying V eerie dess swirl (£500 ish). unfortunately i'm really finding the V hard to get used to but i do love the sound and the feel of the fretboard (looks are awesome too).

what can i get that will feel as good to play and look pretty cool? i like the Jackson look and feel but it doesn't have to be a Jackson. not looking at spending more than the V is worth as i'll probably try a swap or sell it and buy something off e-bay. don't mind putting a few quid on top but as i already own a gibson les paul and a bloody expensive takamine acoustic i don't want to spend much more in case she divorces me!

i'm a big Maiden man fan as well as most other metal, foos, Danzig etc.. if that helps?

cheers guys
Gibson Explorers are very nice guitars for metal, they've reduced in price lately as well, come with 469r and 500t Humbuckers
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Jackson DK2M (or just the DK2 if you don't like maple)
Jackson KE3
Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez S470
they're the common 'players guitars' that you should look at. I added the KE3 because it'll have a similar feel to it but a more conventional-ish shape so you'll at least be able to play sitting down without having to get used to it too much.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
cheers lemoninfluence, i'll check out the KE3. don't mind standing up but can't even manage to get the V to behave doing that never mind sitting down!
those jacksons will all have the same neck and hardware specs IIRC so it comes down to body shape and what you like the look of best.

The Ibanez guitars have a thinner neck but are worth a look at although the bodywood and pickups of the RG aren't to everybody's tastes. the 22 frets and the stock ibanez pickups are the S's only weak points.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Jul 28, 2008,
Ya why not check out some of Jackson's other double-cutaway bodies? All very nice.

Also you'd probably like Schecters and ESPs.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!