It's a double-bound, pine Esquire in Butterscotch Blonde basically. It's a maple neck with a lefty headstock. That's the gist of it, now we go into details.

Body: Easten White Pine (Depends on what I can get.)
Tuners: These maybe? http://yhst-50206111187217.stores.yahoo.net/lergost6intu.html
Bridge: http://joebarden.com/main.php?section=Products&pageID=JB%20Bridgeplates%20and%20Saddle%20Kits
Pick-up: Something from www.rockmonkeyguitars.com

That's basically it. I'm concerned about the tuners because I have a lefty headstock and I'm not sure if those tuners would work for it. I want a pine body, but I don't know what kind of pine https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=15497951#
Decrease Sizeit should. Anyone care to elaborate on some pine types?
On that subject, I'm thinking of wiring to it's like
1st position-Bypassed tone control
2nd postiion-Normal
3rd position-Coil-tapped.
Is this configuration possible? I'll be using this- http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Supplies:_Wiring_kits/Wiring_Kit_for_Telecaster.html Does that look good?

That's pretty much all of the questions I can think of now, any help is appreciated, thankee.
Last edited by Iceman 420 at Jul 30, 2008,
Kit is pretty good. I don't know how you're going to coil tap a single coil though.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Body: Pine, no.

You use hardwoods for electric guitars, or at least you should.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Fender made esquires out of pine originally. And, according to LP addict, it sounds quite good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Oh really? Well I was wrong. I learned something today!

"See, I always thought that dogs, laid eggs. And I learned something today."
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by walker-rose
Thats one sexy tele.

Thanks. I was thinking about a birds-eye maple neck, but decided against it. Just wanted a simple look. Binding's the most flashy thing on there.
I don't think you will be able to coil- tap that coil... some one who knows more than me should say something though.
^ I e-mailed the owner of Rio Grande to see if the coil was coil-tap-able. If it isn't, then I'll ask CorduroyEW for a hand-wound.
Well, the Rio Grande pick-ups aren't tappable, so it's final on the pups. Looks like I'll be ordering from CorduroyEW. So, if anyone would answer me and tell me if those tuners would work or not, I'd be a very happy man.
I'm guessing you would have to change the screw (the one that screws into the wood of the headstock) location on the headstock since it won't match up, and you're gonna wanna double-check your tuner holes... by the way are you making this neck or buying it?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Chances are I'll buy it, but if I get ballsy enough when I'm finished with the body, heck, I might make it.
I would also like to Know Which types of pine are sutible. I Don't think you could use any that's VERY soft or knotty or very sappy - the sap can leach out of the wood over time I think.

I think there's a telecaster forum somewhere that's full of people Who make pine tele's on a daily basis, you could sign up to that.
^ I did. From the looks of it, Eastern White Pine is what were the Broadcasters were made out of and the folks over at TDPRI are still using it mostly. I'll just have to see what they have at my lumber yard.

Scratch the tuner questions, I decided. Now I'm pretty sure the pick-up switch selector configuration, but if someone would be willing to confirm that...and maybe a wiring diagram?