Again and again, whenever I look in a "What amp should I get" thread people always reccomend tube amps, don't blame them they sound great, I want to get one, but I'm aware that they can break down at random times and parts need to be replaced over time. I'm not confident in my abilities of tampering with the parts of amps, so I was wondering how much will it cost to take it to a professional and for the parts.
just learn how to take care of a tube amp... you had learn how to take care of a guitar
Tubes don't need to be changed that much, I know someone who hasn't had to change his tubes in 12-20+ years and he uses his amps a lot and pushes them hard
ohai little sig.
Quote by Picker179414
Would the more expensive the amp be the longer it can last without replacements?

On most cases, yes.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
generally, the more expensive means better made, this is not always true, marshalls are not built particularly well and often have reliability issues, if you want the BEST quality, build yourself or have one handwired by a boutique builder.
Quote by Picker179414
Would the more expensive the amp be the longer it can last without replacements?

It's one of the reasons why Orange amps are so dear, they're basically miniature bomb shelters.
Real men don't need sigs.
that just like asking hey If i buy a car how much is it going to cost to fix it......Gotta be more specific
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"