hey

ive had my heart set on getting an isp decimator for quite some time now, however, i know a reputable guy who is selling his rocktron hush super c for close to half of how it much i could purchase it from a major guitar chain in my area. i wont be able to purchase my decimator for a while or new hush(due to the financial restraints of college) so im thinking i should jump on the chance to grab this one

the only thing is i havent had any experiences with the hush super c and the reviews on hc are very mixed. of course im going to test the unit to make sure it works before or if i purchase it from this dude, however, i was wondering what you guys/gals think about the hush and if there are any problems i should look for if i do decide to make the purchase

thanks in advance
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Last edited by the boogieman at Jul 28, 2008,
The HUSH Super C is designed by the guy who later formed ISP, and also designed the Decimator. I love mine, it works great, but does take a bit of a learning curve to use correctly.

Number one, the HUSH knob. Don't set it above about 1/3 of the way up. It will start to affect tone negatively if you do.

Number two, the Gate. This needs to be set so that the note decays naturally. At the same time, you will have to slightly adjust playing techniques to get the gate to cut in properly. It responds very quickly to stops though.

All in all, its a solid unit that works. Go for it
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
It's a solid, reasonably well respected unit that does it's job credibly. If you've found a deal, then by all means go for it. It will not, however, offer the same quality as the ISP stuff.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
so went and purchased

all in all, it was a solid buy. i agree its not as good as the decimator after testing it, but its decent

thanks for the responses
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Yes, alot of reputable guitarists infact own a HUSH super c as their main noise gate. Haven't tried one but i would say you made a good buy. How much was it?
NO. NO. NO.

I had a super C for a while and It was weak and not powerful enough. Never closed the gate at high volume and was totally uneffective. Any Modern High Gain Tube amp will destroy the super C. I tried it on a Marshall JVM, Mesa Triple Rectifier, and a Mesa Mark IV. They all had way to much output, And my Cobra, Forget about it.

Get the ISP Prorack G. Its a two channel gate that goes in the front and the fx loop. Its magic. Tamed both a Framus Cobra and an Engl Fireball, Both with Overdrive infront. And Is totally transparent on the clean channel.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
I used to own both, and the pedals of both.

If you can afford/are willing to spend enough, the ISP pro rack G IS better. Is it worth the extra money? Only you can decide.

For me, the ISP wasn't worth the extra $400 to keep in my live rig, as the Rocktron was reliable and did what I needed it to do.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this