I just bought a 5150 head and I need to get a cab. Ive heard the Marshall 1960AVs and Mesa Cabs sounds great with it. Any other suggestions?
im stupid. blahbalhblahblah
Honestly, try the 6505 cabs. Pretty killer.

Otherwise, I'd try Oranges or Mesa Stiletto Traditionals

+1 to the person below me on G-Flexs. Forgot all about those.
Vader, Orange, G-Flex, the list goes on..
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i believe the marshall/5150 setup is very good!
also i hear good things about vader/avatar cabs

the normal peavey ones are meant to be very muddy!
Top lel.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Are you only looking at 4x12's?

The Marshall 1960's are a very common on for 5150's. Mesa's work pretty damn well also. Any high budget cab will do, you can jump on the "it needs V30's" bandwagon, but they're not essential.

The standard peavey ones aren't brilliant so stay away from them.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I'll probably stick to 4x12s. Would 2x12s be loud enough you think?
I have a Marshall 1936 with V30's hooked up to mine and it's plenty loud. I've never gone above 4 on the volume.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by MakeItY0urs

I've heard there's not much difference. My 2x12 is fine. I don't think you're gonna want to play a 100 watt tube head loud enough that it would make a difference anyway.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Quote by MakeItY0urs

itll do fine. It depends on what you have in them though, plus 4x12s have more bottom end,though i doubt the 5150 will need help with that
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Any other suggestions? I think I'm going to stick to a 4x12 cause I'm just worrying that its not going to be loud enough. I'm not trying to spend too much so I'm probably going to buy something used.
you should be fine with 212's depending on what your uses are. i only have a 412 cuz i got that for my Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Randall RH150 back in the day. it's loaded with G12-75's and it sounds ****ing sick. but yea we gig 100-300 people venues and i never need to turnmy 6505 up past 4. The tubes will sound very saturated up past like 3 anyways. You will risk running into mud/speaker damage even maybe. the beast is loud. just mic the amp at 3-4 post gain to a PA and you're good to go
Last edited by kayman121 at Jul 29, 2008,