letdowns:

band name is 100% gay

and the vox (like ALOT of bands), ruin the music

Pros:

instruments are actually fair good, the start to party song i listened to till the singer started ruining it because i was actually drawn into it.

doubt you will be famous with the singer fronting your band

(no offense if your the singer lol)
*Enter Sig Here*
I bet you one million dollars if you saw them live and you were Epitaph Records, you would sign them. These recordings are like one year old.

(Their new song is incredible, sweeping riffs, and INCREDIBLE harmonics)

I've heard it many times, since I'm close with all the guys.

(my bestfriends xD)

Listen to katie may! the solo is AWESOME.
Gear:

Lead Guitar:

-Les Paul Studio Custom
-Marshall Half Stack

Rythym Guitar:

-Gibson/Epiphone SG (sunburst)
-Marshall Half Stack

Bass:

-Thunderbird Bass (forgot which brand)
-Half Stack Bass Amp (forgot which brand)

Singer:

-PA System
-two Peavey speakers
-two big loud speakers
-outcome: loud (lol)

Drummer:
Not sure with brand of drums, but he has all the essentials with two crashes.
Unfortunately, this section of the site is for YOUR band - not your friends band. If you don't believe me, see the thread titled "How to recieve a warning/ban (READ ME)".

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759530

It says:

1. Post only YOUR band.

Do not post your friends band, or that local band down the street. You must be musically affiliated with the band you post. In a permanent manner, don't post if you've only guest appeared.
Well, unless my eyes are deceiving me, you aren't a moderator NOR an administrator.

You don't get to tell me what to do, so why don't you go waste your time somewhere else and stop trying to act the Mod, k?

Thanks.
^ So you know that when the mods show up, you should expect this...Travis...Yes I do know your name! How you ask? Because.
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
Last edited by Moose45 at Jul 28, 2008,
Quote by ReclaimMyReign
Well, unless my eyes are deceiving me, you aren't a moderator NOR an administrator.

You don't get to tell me what to do, so why don't you go waste your time somewhere else and stop trying to act the Mod, k?

Thanks.

If I were an administrator or a moderator I would have closed this thread the first time I was in here. I was merely trying to point out that this is not supposed to be here.

I believe that under the Modern Rock section of Bands and Artists there is a sticky for local bands. That is where this thread belongs as far as I am concerned.
stop being assholes.

there is 1 thread about THIS band, there for its not a problem

yes, hes not in it, but its possible the band members arnt on UG.

yes i understand the rules, and know why they exist,

im just saying dont have a go at someone for not reading 1 line of the rules.
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by ReclaimMyReign
I bet you one million dollars if you saw them live and you were Epitaph Records, you would sign them. These recordings are like one year old.

(Their new song is incredible, sweeping riffs, and INCREDIBLE harmonics)

I've heard it many times, since I'm close with all the guys.

(my bestfriends xD)

Listen to katie may! the solo is AWESOME.

Yeah, I don't think so.
I wasn't trying to be a prick, I was just trying to point him in the right direction. I know that he may have overlooked the rules, which is why I provided a link to where the rules could be found and have also provided information where the proper section to place this could be found. I don't want to argue, I was just trying to helpful and point out that the thread might end up being closed because it does break a rule. Admittedly my first post did come off rather snobbish and I'm sorry for that.

Anyways, I don't want to argue so I'll provide some constructive feedback about the band - firstly, I don't really like the band name but I don't have anything better to suggest so yeah...

The first track, "The Party Song" sounds decent overall. The vocalist sounds really good on some lines and terrible on other lines - he is not very consistent. I'm not a big fan of the way that the drums sound, the seem kinda boring. The guitar sounds really nice at some points but at other it just doesn't sit well with me. At the end when there is a vocal harmony happening it is out of tune, which detracts from that (I think it would sound really good if it was in tune).

I'm not a big fan of this genre of music, and I don't like the opening to "Terrify", though I do like the little lead guitar lines around 0:30 and 0:46. I like the palm muted part near the minute mark - that sounds really good musically. There seems to be a slight tempo change around 2:07 causing one guitar to be slightly out of time. I'm not a big fan of the way that the drumming sounds - it just seems really plain and boring to me. Also, the vocalist continues his hit and miss spree. I feel that this song drags on a little too long for the casual listener, so you might consider trimming it down so you don't lose the attention of your listeners.

The recording quality of Katie May doesn't sound as good as the first two songs, and once again the drumming feels really boring. The vocal harmonies sound a lot better in this song, but the singer continues to sound good on and off. I don't really like the tempo changes - they don't fit very well (are they on purpose?).

I like the way that the guitar sounds at the beginning of "Get You", but when the drums come in the kind of ruin that. I like the clean guitar in this track a lot.

Overall, the singer is too inconsistent. Sometimes he sounds good, sometimes he sounds terrible. The drumming seems too boring for this genre of music - it needs more energy (though energy is hard to capture in recording). The guitar sounds pretty good for the most part. Sadly I could not hear the bass very often and when I could it seemed really simple and childish, simply following the guitar lines. Overall, it's pretty catchy music with potential but I recommend replacing the singer and getting the drummer to add some more energy into his playing. Tighten the stuff up as well - I've noticed a few tempo changes that don't sound proper.
Well, they are much better live.

The recordings are weak, and the drummer is insane. My friend Zach, drummer, says the only thing that he dislikes about the band he's in is that he is holding back. The lead guitarist never lets him play as crazy as he wants. He only lets Zach play how he imagines the song in his head.
Quote by Moose45
^ So you know that when the mods show up, you should expect this...Travis...Yes I do know your name! How you ask? Because.

Are you a rapist?

the bassist fails cos hes got a thunderbird.
And i doubt they will be famous, there are WAY too many bands that sound the same, they are in no way unique or daring.
Quote by ReclaimMyReign

The recordings are weak, and the drummer is insane. My friend Zach, drummer, says the only thing that he dislikes about the band he's in is that he is holding back. The lead guitarist never lets him play as crazy as he wants. He only lets Zach play how he imagines the song in his head.

What are? there spokes-person?

Seriously, stop trying to advertise them like a action figure because it looks stupid. I highly doubt that they are going to be famous because the thousands of poppy punk little emo bands sound the same.

No offense, but they do.
Quote by ReclaimMyReign

I was under the impression that there was something holding the drummer back. As it stands, I think the drumming should be crazier and more out there, but that's just what I think.

Oh, and I don't think that these guys will be famous since the sounds that they have going is so similar to such a large number of other bands. If they were really lucky I could see a record label signing them and releasing and an album that rides off the success of a single or two, and then they would fade from the spotlight - kinda like a one hit wonder kind of thing.
Lol.

I did say these recordings are over a year old.

You can't really judge them until you hear their new stuff.
He knows your travis because you say you advertise the band on ultimate guitar in their comments.
And yes, advertising another band is not allowed.
They do sound like every other indie band. Nothing original.
And no, I am not saying they are like horrible or anything. But the vocal style is far too common among bands and are typically associated with local bands that will never make it big.
You sound like a helpless groupie. Just being honest here.
Oh and yes, the name is very bad.
Does anyone know why so many new vocalists sound JUST like this? I mean, can anyone tell me?
Beware : I am honest, but not brutal
Quote by Gormanilius

Does anyone know why so many new vocalists sound JUST like this? I mean, can anyone tell me?

its a puberty thing.
I like that vocal style. its a bit like old FFAF (casually dressed) i think.
This band are pretty good for the genre, and i think that if there weren't so many bands in this genre around they would stand a chance of being noticed, but i think its not very likely now.
i like these guys, but i dont think they have much of a chance of being 'famous' for what they do.
another emo band with lame vocals and the same guitar riff changed up a bit, the singer sounds like a chick kinda. Seriously record companies are looking for bands with something NEW, they don't want another fall out boy, another gnr, another metallica, they want a band with their own sound and style.
i am axel rose
By the way im not trying to come off as a jerk or anything in my post.
but the vocals are just too...plain. All bands that have come out recently sound EXACTLY the same.
The band sounds the same as the 1,309,989,987,879 (Actual Number) bands playing that genre!!!
" Impossible thoughts, Stay on this cruise, Never go back, Relaxation calms these metal nerves. "
Quote by ReclaimMyReign
Lol.

I did say these recordings are over a year old.

You can't really judge them until you hear their new stuff.

Then why did you give us the link to there OLD stuff if what they show isnt good?
Quote by The Silence
The band sounds the same as the 1,309,989,987,879 (Actual Number) bands playing that genre!!!

that kinda exceeds the world population
lol
I hate to hate but i cant stand singer that just talk. Put more emotions into singing you have to feel it more. You dont wanna sound like your reading a song. Good guitar and drums tho.