Ok maybe not an extravaganza, and i'm not even sure if it is fret buzz.

On frets 12-13ish and above, I can't do hammer-ons, Pull-offs. It is worst on the high E string. The "buzz" seems most significant around 14-17 frets.

I can't really make the action higher or else it becomes quite uncomfortable to play.
Only way i've found out to make the "buzz" go away is to make the action this high:

_______

-------------

so yea....

is there anyway to fix this?

I think my truss rod is good...

Could this be fret problems?

I have a squier strat. D:

Instead of buying a roland 30x, should i instead by an agile 2000/dauntless?

thanks
with a level trem bridge.

fret the low E on the first fret, at the same time,
fret the low E on the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets.

if the string lays on the fretwire there, then the neck doesnt have enough bend,
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the string there, then you could have too much bend,

measure and repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
how about that trem?

if it's a strat, is it flush against the body?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

oh, no, shud it be?

EDIT: I flushed it and it is still the right thickness
Last edited by Rocknrollcows at Jul 28, 2008,
yeah on a squier unless you can manage to keep it in perfect balance all the time, you're going to stay in tune best with it flush against the body.

if it's basically a credit cards thickness there, i suggest you turn 1/4" Counter clockwise. add a little more bow to compensate for what is probably a high fret.
1/4" is a very small amount.
i dont suggest you force the turn. and if you do the turn, i suggest you leave the guitar , in tune for the rest of the night.

remeasure and adjust the action again tomoorw, see if it's more playable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

you may not be usint enough pressure in your fingers. try pressing harder in the fretboard and pull off a little harder. try this and do it much harder than you think you need to. i find that if i start to get lazy and dont put enough pressure on the string i get buzz. and that happens often in the area of the neck you indicated.

hope that helps
^ tried what you said. but the only way that i could get a p/o or a h/o is i have to press so hard i'm actrually bending it...
that fret might be kind of high.

see if there's a high crooked or dented fret.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62