...but i cant decide between mahogany or korina (black)? i have a sg in mahogany, and i like how it sounds... but korina looks a lot better IMO. if i got a warmoth transparent or dye finish, would mahogany look cool, or should i get korina? because i heard that korina sounds a lot like mahogany, does it? help please! thanks
pics...link...
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
go with korina. its naturally oily, lighter, and it has better mids then mahogany. plus it looks cooler
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

koala.. there is an edit button for a reason..
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
Quote by ccatck
koala.. there is an edit button for a reason..

when i posted it i didnt send me back to the forum, it sent me to the advanced reply page. wasnt aware it posted twice.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

I say Korina. that's my opinion, however.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
theyre both on this page....

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm

i dont really use a lot of mids though... so would korina look good with a, deep blue or black, transparent or dye finish?

also, in case it matters, im going for kind of a less heavy dream theaterish sound, but can still handle gilbert style shred. nice and punchy distortion
Last edited by JRichardson3553 at Jul 28, 2008,
You don't use a lot of mids? lol sure thing Kirk Hammett....

I would say korina, because it sounds just as good as mahogany and and it looks sweet!

Also, to be honest, your guitars wood won't have nearly as much effect as your pickups and amp.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
thanks, i think ill go with korina. does anyone know which would look better on it, transparent or dye finish?

btw, im not totally scooped haha. mids are usually at like 5 or 6 out of 10
Ok i have a question that sort of pertains to this thread. Where do you go on warmoth to actually order the bodies? All i can find is the showcase bodies.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
So i have to email them all the specifications I want for the body?

Edit: Nevermind, i figured it out. Thanks man!
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
Last edited by walker-rose at Jul 28, 2008,
Well I think the "how to order" section covers that nicely .
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
yeah, a little more reading would have helped, haha.
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
haha ok man. good luck spending like $500 on a warmoth body though.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
I think the expensive part of a warmoth body is the finishing. the bodies themselves aren't too crazily expensive.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Truth. Sorry I am kinda mean to them.. but really, look a stewmac body. Finished strat replacement for under $200? You can get so much less expensive than warmoth. And stewmac is good stuff.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
That's true, but the beauty of warmoth is the variability. practically any pickup routing, most types of wood, most finishes.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Truth. If you want a custom body, but you can't build it, warmoth.

Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!

That is... if you have a ghost problem.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
if you are building one guitar and dont want to drive youself nuts, warmoth ftw.

if you are insane like the rest of us and plan on building multiples - buy tools, read books/websites, rout, cut, shape, sand, dye, finish - FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by Øttər
Truth. If you want a custom body, but you can't build it, warmoth.

Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!

That is... if you have a ghost problem.

The necks are a bit ludircrous, the necks from Carvin are significantly cheaper, as are the ones from stewmac.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
^ indeed. although warmoth gives you more options.

if you're just doing dot inlay, rosewood board, maple neck... anybody could give you one of those relatively cheap. I hear the allparts necks are pretty good.

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
^ indeed. although warmoth gives you more options.

if you're just doing dot inlay, rosewood board, maple neck... anybody could give you one of those relatively cheap. I hear the allparts necks are pretty good.

The only thing carvin WON'T let you change is the back wood, which i SUPPOSE makes sense. And I think Carvin gives you a stock ebony F/B.

EDIT: You know what's weird? Stewmac sells mighty mite necks for more than list price.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
That is weird... are mighty mite necks good? I've geard about them, but never ahd any firsthand experience.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
stewmac sells everything for more than list price. they're a rip off but their service is good.

warmoth gotoh t-o-m = $18
stewmac gotoh t-o-m= $23

i ordered my warmoth stuff over a week ago... still hasn't come in. stewmac woulda been here within 3 days.

^ that's dyed curly wood with a black burst finish. the burst you can do, the center comes from dying the wood itself.

Quote by Øttər
That is weird... are mighty mite necks good? I've geard about them, but never ahd any firsthand experience.

I have one, they feel good, look good, are well made...
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
it's possible it's natural with a black burst... i didnt realize it's black limba

thats what i was thinking! thanks.

the only thing im wondering about now is what the lines are on the front... are they flames?

edit, you can click the pics to make them bigger if you cant see.
Last edited by JRichardson3553 at Jul 30, 2008,