I got my gutiar (Peavey T-60)
from a relative and when i got it the pickup switches were messed up, one of them was snapped off and the other would get stuck and not switch. Ive dealt with this for a while but i want to get it fixed. I also need the nut re-glued. I called guitar center and daddy's and they both said it would be around $120 for both. Now i dont have that much money so i figure it cant be that hard to switch out some switches. I searched and couldnt find anything. So could somebody point me to a guide to replacing these? and i dont think i could re-glue the nut myself but i could be wrong.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
if the nut fits and the cuts are all still good then you can glue it in place no problem.
make sure the larger cuts are on the Low E side.

as for the switch. that's usually just a $10, 3-way switch and a $15 soldering iron.
not sure why they want so much money to replace it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
if the nut isnt accually damaged, just glue it on
use elmers, or some other white of white glue
you do NOT want to use super/golilla glue, as they are suposed to be removed easily, for later repair

as for the switches, should be able to get one of the same kind, and solder the wires onto the same spots.
should not be much issue.
nope the nut isnt damaged, its just sliding and my guitar comes out of tune cause it keeps moving. So any kind of white glue?

and is there a guide somewhere on how to do the pickup selectors? ive never done any electric guitar repair before
Quote by shredmeiser101

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I'm sorry (noob here) but could someone show me a diagram of what the nut is? thanks, you'll be helping me a lot lol
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
the metal or plastic peice between the first fret and the tuners with notches in it that the strings go through, look in one of the guitar info threads its all in there.
Quote by shredmeiser101

Quote by Meths

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.