Ok... maybe it's just me, but I really got into that song "I'm yours" by Jason Mraz. By the looks of it and the 100 searched tabs on this site, so did a lot of you... so I went out and bought a record of his... crap. Then I found the Album with "I'm yours"... also crap. Am I the only one that thinks this or does this dude have anything better I haven't found!?!?! I was completetly turned off because I really thought this dude would be my next inspiration... sigh.
Which albums? Mr. A-Z is pure gold.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Which albums? Mr. A-Z is pure gold.

Yes it is.

And there is already a Mraz thread literally 3 spots below this one.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
One-hit wonder??

The Remedy (yeah, that was him!)
Wordplay
I'm Your's

That's three.

Jason is nothing short of amazing.

Mraz > You
umm just heard The remedy. Not my cup of tea. the song sounds like a casio keyboard with a back up N'sync singer. lol im sorry. i love "im yours" but i dont see this dude lasting. I, However, DARE!, you Mraz fans to look up MATT NATHANSON (his video concerts specially) and not say he's far more talanted. Matt really plays guitar... doesn't rely on engineered music. i guess it troubles me that talent such as Matt's has been overlooked so much. so my dare is on... i'll wait for opinions!
Last edited by ocelott at Aug 2, 2008,
Quote by ocelott
i love "im yours" but i dont see this dude lasting.

Uhh... Jason Mraz has already been big for about 5 years or so. He's not just a one hit wonder.
wow. never of him till now. ok... so whats so great bout this guy anyways?
Quote by ocelott
umm just heard The remedy. Not my cup of tea. the song sounds like a casio keyboard with a back up N'sync singer. lol im sorry. i love "im yours" but i dont see this dude lasting. I, However, DARE!, you Mraz fans to look up MATT NATHANSON (his video concerts specially) and not say he's far more talanted. Matt really plays guitar... doesn't rely on engineered music. i guess it troubles me that talent such as Matt's has been overlooked so much. so my dare is on... i'll wait for opinions!

Then you obviously didn't listen to The Remedy.

Matt actually opened for Jason when I saw Jason last May. I thought Matt was good, but Jason is still better. And Jason plays the guitar too!

Quote by ocelott
wow. never of him till now. ok... so whats so great bout this guy anyways?

What isn't? His lyrics are definitely strong. I think he's become a great guitar player (check out the song Galaxy). He's always had that beautiful voice. He knows how to make an epic song (Song for a Friend). I think he's great musically. But most of all, he keeps you interested in the song!
Last edited by GeekInThePink at Aug 2, 2008,
Arghh! Matt opened... opened for him!? lol Damn. That's funny. I just don't feel him. But i'll try again. I'm glad you at least like Matt... have you seen anything else besides that opening?
I just listened to a bunch of Matt Nathanson stuff on youtube and I'm not really impressed. Jason Mraz's music is infinitely more interesting.
really? well, i'm glad you tried. you have to listen to Bent, Suspended, Princess, Come on get higher. Matt plays a 12 string. I had never messed with one till yesterday... now i need one lol well, i'll Mraz some more listening.
I think both Jason and Matt are amazing. I'm more of a fan of Matt's. "Some Mad Hope" has been my favorite CD since I bought it last year. I didn't really listen to him before SMH, but I'm working on getting familiar with his older stuff. I appreciate Jason's talent and I think he's an awesome singer-songwriter and like I said before, he's amazing, but I'm not really into him enough to buy his records. I've listened to songs here and there and have only gotten into a few. I thought "Geek in the Pink" was very clever and catchy and I bought one of his newer songs "Details in the fabric" on iTunes, partially because James Morrison is on the track, but even if he wasn't the song would still be amazing. Those are just my thoughts. And he's definitely NOT a one hit wonder...Jason's here to stay!
Yeah dude. Jason Mraz has been around for a long while.
he has a beautiful voice.

and where's the You and I Both love? (as in love for the song if that sentence didn't make sense )
awesome love song.
and Geek in the Pink?

he's had a bunch of hits.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...