Page 1 of 69
Too many threads about hair have been popping up (and have popped up in the past). So post all your hair related problems/complaints/or whatever else here.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Sep 19, 2009,
What should I do to my hairz!111!!?

Is anyone watching that show taken... the aliens don't have hair.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
you know, they actually do hair implants now
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
I need opinions (see my profile pic for actual status):
- push my hair at the back with a bandana/etc
- let it grow more, get it cut at the same lvl, part it
(i want to grow it long, a bit more than shoulder length
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

I would have loved to have made a hair thread
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Popsai

I'd let it grow.
EDIT:
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

He beat me to it, too...But I vow to become the new SD (of the hair thread :p
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Then make the "The ONLY hair thread".

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Eminored
I vote for longer hair.

Well but to grow it longer ill have to push it back eitherways or wear a skull cap
What im really asking is grow it long, make pony tail/push it at back and let it grow
OR let it grow, get cut at same lvl, part it to both sides, grow
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Popsai
(i want to grow it long, a bit more than shoulder length
Show off some forehead!
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Elton John needs hair....

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

Quote by codenameduby
I just bought my self some hair at the Wal-Mart the other day

Speaking of Wal-Mart, don't buy clippers there and attempt to shave your own head on the off-chance that the clippers might stop working halfway through your haircut.

Quote by floppypick
Then make the "The ONLY hair thread".

That's stealing! haha

I just figure.... well no. I'll just be a big part of this thread. I bloody deserve it

Been dying my hair for half my life.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Popsai
Well but to grow it longer ill have to push it back eitherways or wear a skull cap
What im really asking is grow it long, make pony tail/push it at back and let it grow

In that case, I vote cut it at the same level and part it. Before you do, try to tie it back and see how that looks (if it's long enough).
My hair pisses me off. It is so thick and stubborn and short, I can't actually make it move without the use of gel hairspray and a beanie for about 10-20 minutes (in order to hold it in place while the former two do their work). But I don't have the kind of brush that can be used to train such short hair...
Quote by Popsai

I'd do parting it to both sides, but that can get damn annoying sometimes.
Popsai you should try making the fringe a bit thinner, and maybe give it some shape rather than it all just coming forward.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
That's stealing! haha

I just figure.... well no. I'll just be a big part of this thread. I bloody deserve it

Been dying my hair for half my life.

your pink hair is smexy <3
Be carefull tho, my mom did dye her hair alot when she was younger, and now she does it constantly because of gray/white hair, and shes only 40.
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22

Quote by DorkusMalorkus
My hair pisses me off. It is so thick and stubborn and short, I can't actually make it move without the use of gel hairspray and a beanie for about 10-20 minutes (in order to hold it in place while the former two do their work). But I don't have the kind of brush that can be used to train such short hair...

You could either buzz it and not deal with it at all, or try to grow it out a bit and see how that looks. You might have to suffer through a very awkward phase, though...
black people hair

grrr. wish i was atleast somelia... they have nice hair. well mine's curly and if i gell it it actually looks pretty cool... so i guess i dont have anything to complain about.
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
Quote by Popsai
your pink hair is smexy <3
Be carefull tho, my mom did dye her hair alot when she was younger, and now she does it constantly because of gray/white hair, and shes only 40.

Thank you ^__^

Yeah part of my hair was very damaged a while ago but it's getting healthier now. I should only have to dye the roots from now on because I want to stay pink for a long while.

I do generally have a thick healthy head of hair though.
Quote by SteveHouse
my hairs **** atm i need my roots redoing AGAIN

im going red all over this time, but like dark red
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by mrwaffles
You could either buzz it and not deal with it at all, or try to grow it out a bit and see how that looks. You might have to suffer through a very awkward phase, though...

No, I did buzz it (to a half inch) and that was about 3 weeks ago. So now it is a little longer, and I can't really comb any of it to the side. I just look like a chia-pet if I don't do anything to it cause it all just goes up.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Thank you ^__^

Yeah part of my hair was very damaged a while ago but it's getting healthier now. I should only have to dye the roots from now on because I want to stay pink for a long while.

I do generally have a thick healthy head of hair though.

I wouldn't dye my hair. My idea is that my hair is what it is and I'll keep it as it is. But I did have that John Frusciante pre-BSSM pink mohawk idea for a few minutes, which I quickly dismissed, and subsequently mentioned on the pit.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Well, after taking a pee and checking the mirror, I have a question.

My hair is usually thin and wavy, but I got that chemical relaxant stuff a year or so ago, just retouched a few months ago. Problem is, when I part it, there's all these short hairs that just stick straight up. So what can I do, that won't make my hair all hard and immobile, to keep those things down?
Well yeah but SOME people will need hair dying tips I imagine

EDIT: ^^^ ahhh that's horrible when you straighten hair and that happens. Good question. I do tend to just wet my fingers a bit and smooth it a little.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Eminored
Well, after taking a pee and checking the mirror, I have a question.

My hair is usually thin and wavy, but I got that chemical relaxant stuff a year or so ago, just retouched a few months ago. Problem is, when I part it, there's all these short hairs that just stick straight up. So what can I do, that won't make my hair all hard and immobile, to keep those things down?

I have that too.
Dont even need to push it back or do w/e i do, everytime i wash my hair theres always some hairs either sticking up or twisted.
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22

Quote by DorkusMalorkus
No, I did buzz it (to a half inch) and that was about 3 weeks ago. So now it is a little longer, and I can't really comb any of it to the side. I just look like a chia-pet if I don't do anything to it cause it all just goes up.

Hmm. I recommend just living through the awkward phase and growing it out, but what do I know?
Well I do have a problem... I had long-ish hair, about past my eyes. I got it cut for the summer, and as soon as the clippers touched my hair I regretted getting it cut. So I'm going to grow my hair out to about past my shoulders, long enough to do a pony tail. BUT I have wavy hair - IE not strait and not curly. It's lame. I hate it. Is there any way that I can straiten it quickly in the mornings? When I had it longer I permed it, and that was ok, and I used a hair straightener, and it really worked.

But is there like, say maybe something that after I hop out of the shower I can just put in my hair, rub around and when my hair drys it'll be strait? What is it if it does exist?

I miss my hair .
I just want to ask you guys one question: Should I get dreads? I've done all the research and I even made an appointment to do it last Saturday. The stylist never showed. Before that, I tried getting my friends to do it. That ended badly, so I combed them out (hurt worse than putting them in and took 3 people 3 hours to do). Do you think it's worth the effort? Here's a pic:
I need some help with my hair. My hair is extremely curly at times, but i sorta want to grow it long, but i'm not sure how or if it will work and not become a giant afro (damn jew fro :wtf.

Jew Fro:

so what should i do with my hair?
- Cut it really short?
- Try and grow long hair?
- other?

Edit: this is an old pic from a while ago with a ****ty computer camera, so sorry for that
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
mrwaffles, you COULD get dreads, I think it'd look quite cool.

Hirschberger I'd personally grow it out, but I'll be biased to longer hair anyway.
If you don't like the way it's growing out you can always cut it shorter, or try to cut a style into it.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Hirschberger

so what should i do with my hair?
- Cut it really short?
- Try and grow long hair?
- other?

I'd say grow it long Weird Al style, it might look good. If not, cut it off and find something else to do with it
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I don't think there is, just let it grow wavy.

I hate it wavy I don't think I'd mind it when it was long enough for a pony tail, but when it was just below my eyes I hated it wavy. I have what I call "wings", those little flippy pieces of hair above your sideburns.

Wings = not sexy.

Maybe I'll just perm it again when it gets longer... lol my gf was like, "You... You got a perm?" Me, "Uhh... Yeah...", Her, "Surprisingly, I'm so distracted by how much better you look I can't simultaneously think about how feminine that is."

Quote by edusty2010
I hate it wavy I don't think I'd mind it when it was long enough for a pony tail, but when it was just below my eyes I hated it wavy. I have what I call "wings", those little flippy pieces of hair above your sideburns.

Everybody goes through that awkward stage, but it's worth it.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.