Page 3 of 69
Quote by spartan 118
Quick question:

My hair is shorter in the front than it is in the back. In the front, it comes down to about my chin, and in the back, it's at/a little past my shoulders (I have a pic in my profile, but it's quite a bit longer than that). Should I even it up?

I understand it may be hard without a recent pic.

I never un-evened my hair. What I did when I started growing my hair out was I first shaved it completely off and then grew it to where it is today. Also, my hair looks longer in the back than in the front, obviously because the hair has a longer way to travel from my forehead than from the back of my head (In other words, I can pull the hair at the top of my forehead down past my face and then past my throat, but the hair at the back goes past my shoulder blades and chest). I guess, overall it depends on what you want, but I'm guessing that having it even might make your hair easier to deal with...
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
How do I get my hair like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCh0X4_FObQ

Personal stylists.

You could probably get it like that by straightening, using a strong wax, finishing it with clay and hairspraying it to set it. As for the actual technique involved, just get the basic shape with the wax. Pull the hair up into normal spikes. With the clay you can give it that solid look and add the curves to it.
The hardest part would be the front!
Quote by Retro Rocker
Super Saiyan. You'll need a power-lever of roughly 3 million to start with, and a good shot of pure rage.

ITS OVER 9000!!!!

I need to ask something, my hair at the back is pretty long, it reaches the shoulders, at the sides its past the ears but not that long, and the bangs are about nose lvl.
Before i started growing my hair, i had a mohawk so i shaved everything and started.
At what length should my bangs be to get it cut at the same lvl? im thinking around mouth lvl...
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Jiro from GLAY
How do I get my hair like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCh0X4_FObQ

You should learn this early - many Japanese products are far superior to Western products
If anyone figures out though I'd love to know ~sigh~

Quote by Popsai
ITS OVER 9000!!!!

I need to ask something, my hair at the back is pretty long, it reaches the shoulders, at the sides its past the ears but not that long, and the bangs are about nose lvl.
Before i started growing my hair, i had a mohawk so i shaved everything and started.
At what length should my bangs be to get it cut at the same lvl? im thinking around mouth lvl...

What do you mean by at the same level? Like.. pretty much all at the same length all the way round?

Also I'm quite proud this thread's still going.
Anyone gonna put it in the 'forbidden threads' thread?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
You should learn this early - many Japanese products are far superior to Western products
If anyone figures out though I'd love to know ~sigh~

What do you mean by at the same level? Like.. pretty much all at the same length all the way round?

Also I'm quite proud this thread's still going.
Anyone gonna put it in the 'forbidden threads' thread?

Yeah, same length all around.
Right now its not.
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Well whenever you trim your hair, always get more trimmed off the longer bits. It'll eventually even out and won't look daft in the process.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Well whenever you trim your hair, always get more trimmed off the longer bits. It'll eventually even out and won't look daft in the process.

Yeah i usually do that, cut it more a the back, etc.
But the gal who cuts my hair always trims it too much, then i get pissed for cutting it and just dont cut it.
Its going for about 3 months tho and its starting to get to thin, so i should get it cut.
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22

Quote by Portuguese_boy
Doesn't it completely **** up your hair, makes it smelly and makes it look burned.

That's what happened to my friends hair.

Not at all. If you take care of it like you're meant to, there's no reason why it should screw up your hair.

Quote by mrwaffles
Update on the locks: I have made an appointment to get my hair dreaded next Tuesday. =D

You can't pull it off unless you is black.

Seriously, very cool. I've been thinking of dreads, but my hair needs to be at least chest length before I'm gonna get any decent looking dreads.
ok i need to know.. i made a thread about it and was derrected into this one... ok my hair is down past my ears and i need a new hair style.. can somone that knows somthing about hair styles recomend me one? i don't want to cut it off short.. i want to leave it as long as it is.... but if i don't gel it it "poofs" soo any help on a hair style would be good here's a pic of it geled..... don't mind the spikes in front..getting rid of them..
(p.s. has anyone PM'd a mod to get this put in the 'forbidden threads' thread?)
Quote by SteveHouse
I have a problem with my hair, hopefully someone can help me.

I want my hair to 'drop'. (If you know what I mean.) It's nice when I get out of the shower, but by recess time at school, it's very afro-like. How do I stop this and get it to 'drop'? (Check my profile to see it, although it probably wouldn't help cause I was halfway through a headbang when my brother took the photo.)
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
(p.s. has anyone PM'd a mod to get this put in the 'forbidden threads' thread?)

Already done.
Quote by 'Leviathan'

I want my hair to 'drop'. (If you know what I mean.) It's nice when I get out of the shower, but by recess time at school, it's very afro-like. How do I stop this and get it to 'drop'? (Check my profile to see it, although it probably wouldn't help cause I was halfway through a headbang when my brother took the photo.)

You could start using mousse. Also, you could go to a hair salon and have it relaxed. It's not a fun process and your hair will smell funny for a while, but it will help.
Quote by 'Leviathan'

You'll pretty much need to use 'anti-frizz' products. I can't exactly tell you how well they do or don't work. My friend with frizzy-ish hair uses one though so I assume they work.

Otherwise you'll need to straighten pretty much... OR wait til it get's longer... is it at the length it is in your picture now?
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
You'll pretty much need to use 'anti-frizz' products. I can't exactly tell you how well they do or don't work. My friend with frizzy-ish hair uses one though so I assume they work.

Otherwise you'll need to straighten pretty much... OR wait til it get's longer... is it at the length it is in your picture now?

It's about 3-4cm longer than it was when the photo was taken.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

This, whenever I go out, I always straighten my hair.

It looks a bit emo, but I like it
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
It's about 3-4cm longer than it was when the photo was taken.

Keep waiting for it to grow out
In the mean time just straighten it ^__^
Quote by SteveHouse
Just keep growing it man.

/lack of hair knowledge.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Ok...
So my hair's like... medium.
My fringe is like a cm above my eyes. And the rest is just like under my ears, kinda.
I usually go for the messed up look, but I wanna try some different styles...
Suggest me something?
I really don't mind as long as it look's good, not emo...
Thanks
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Question:
If you have curly hair, is it socially acceptable/does it look good to only straighten the fringe (if you're a male) or is it just retarded?

Natural curls all round:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/1/7/8/4/178463/pics/_c293852_image_0.jpg

With straightened fringe:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z70/EnJeRiCa/Photo27.jpg

Or hidden option number 3: Dreads. lol.

thanks.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Question:
If you have curly hair, is it socially acceptable/does it look good to only straighten the fringe (if you're a male) or is it just retarded?

Natural curls all round:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/1/7/8/4/178463/pics/_c293852_image_0.jpg

With straightened fringe:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z70/EnJeRiCa/Photo27.jpg

Or hidden option number 3: Dreads. lol.

thanks.

Your straightened fringe looks a bit silly, and you shouldn't care on what's convectional and what's not.

Go for natural curls, it's all good.
wow pretty much no one knows anything about hair in here, and people are giving others wrong advice.
maybe insted of a pointless thread with ****ty responses, people should ask someone who actually knows something about hair
Quote by x/taluha
wow pretty much no one knows anything about hair in here, and people are giving others wrong advice.
maybe insted of a pointless thread with ****ty responses, people should ask someone who actually knows something about hair

I don't see you giving any advice.
Quote by mrwaffles
I don't see you giving any advice.

i didnt mean me (although you could ask) i ment someone else informed about hair.
Quote by x/taluha
i didnt mean me (although you could ask) i ment someone else informed about hair.

Ye...
Could you give me some advice please?
My post is a few posts up... and people seem to have ignored it
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by DimebagJosho
Ye...

Sorry for ignoring your post...I just had no real advice to give. Also, apparently my advice sucks ass, which I said before. Ask me about dreads and I'll try to help.
Quote by mrwaffles
Well, you ARE UG's Hair Queen. I personally know quite a bit about dreads, but I still try to give an opinion on other situations.

ahh i had dreads, i liked em.

its not that anyones suggestions are wrong, but some not all are inncorrect and i would hate to have people going about with ****ed up hair cause some guy on the internet told em to put elmers glue in it haha

Quote by DimebagJosho
Ye...

gunna need pics, if not ill try to find something
Quote by x/taluha
ahh i had dreads, i liked em.

its not that anyones suggestions are wrong, but some not all are inncorrect and i would hate to have people going about with ****ed up hair cause some guy on the internet told em to put elmers glue in it haha

Psh! A little wood glue never hurt anyone, but I have actually heard of some people putting watered down wood glue in their hair to hold up huge mohawks or liberty spikes.
I havnt touched mine with a pair of scissors in a year

upstairs hair that is

and as for the spam section of my post...hmmm

hey guys my parents say i should cut my hair but i like it black and greasy and over my eyes like this, so i bought razorblades and ecstacy with my haircut money etc etc

just not feelin it
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by mrwaffles
Psh! A little wood glue never hurt anyone, but I have actually heard of some people putting watered down wood glue in their hair to hold up huge mohawks or liberty spikes.

you can, but it does damage the hair, better off using products made for mohawks and liberty spikes.