Page 4 of 69
Quote by x/taluha
gunna need pics, if not ill try to find something

I don't have any pics of me on my computer... And I really cba to upload them off my phone.

But it's kinda like

I feel like such a fag posting a picture of Zac Efron... but I don't really know many celebrities with my kinda hair
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by mrwaffles
Mmhmm...It doesn't really affect me since I'm getting my hair dreaded on Tuesday. =D

i hope youre not going toa hairsalon for that , they dont get trained to do dreads, just to let you know
most of them will be like...uh wtf.
better off to do it yourself like i did

EDIT:
you could do something like this

its a bit shorter but with some product it can become messier
Last edited by x/taluha at Jul 31, 2008,
Quote by x/taluha
i hope youre not going toa hairsalon for that , they dont get trained to do dreads, just to let you know
most of them will be like...uh wtf.
better off to do it yourself like i did

I'm going to this place. They specialize in dreads. Also, I had my friends do it a month or so ago. They didn't do such a great job and my parents made me comb them out the next day.
Quote by mrwaffles
I'm going to this place. They specialize in dreads. Also, I had my friends do it a month or so ago. They didn't do such a great job and my parents made me comb them out the next day.

ahh youre in good hands then!
kay im off to play video games
If anyone does need help and cant find it here, i will respond to messages if you put in the title HAIR QUESTION,
What do you guys think I should do with my hair? Pics in my profile. I kind of like it the way it is now because of small waves and like it curls at the bottom but I would like it long again, maybe as long as I used to have it or longer or somewhere in between. idk Help me!
Quote by mrwaffles
I COULD but the process is incredibly painful and last time it took 10 hours. I think I'm gonna give it one more shot. If I can find a place that will actually do it, that is...

Dude, don't get dreads, especially if it takes that long, and it's probably not even worth it. I'm growing my hair out like that myself.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
This is a bit late for a few people, but there was a bit of misinformation floating around in the thread about a certain subject, and it was really bothering me. Yes, I mean you Tom Hatton.

When it comes to chemically straightening hair, there are pretty much two ways it can be done.

1. 'Relaxing'

This is what Hatton is talking about. It doesn't make your hair perfectly straight, but it's a lot cheaper and not as hard on your hair. As the name would imply, it relaxes your curls and makes it a bit straighter.

2. 'Chi' or 'Japanese' straightening

This is the expensive, lengthy process. However, it makes your hair perfectly straight, permanently.

Both, however, need to be repeated as your hair grows out. As, obviously, it doesn't change the way your hair grows naturally. Nothing can.
Last edited by Delanoir at Jul 31, 2008,
Quote by md41
Dude, don't get dreads, especially if it takes that long, and it's probably not even worth it. I'm growing my hair out like that myself.

Too late, I'm already set on it. Also, it only took that long because my friends, who had never done it before were trying to do it.
What do you guys think i should do with my Hair Check my profile pic for a bit ofa rough estimate as to what its at now. Its longer now, though. people have compared me to MacGyver.
Quote by Delanoir
This is a bit late for a few people, but there was a bit of misinformation floating around in the thread about a certain subject, and it was really bothering me. Yes, I mean you Tom Hatton.

When it comes to chemically straightening hair, there are pretty much two ways it can be done.

1. 'Relaxing'

This is what Hatton is talking about. It doesn't make your hair perfectly straight, but it's a lot cheaper and not as hard on your hair. As the name would imply, it relaxes your curls and makes it a bit straighter.

Yes, that's how mine is done. I wasn't aware of the other version... to be honest relaxing just takes a lot of the weight out of your hair, making it easier to straighten. It works best on black hair though... if you just have a white man fro or something, I wouldn't recommend it.
Quote by Tubyboulin
What do you guys think i should do with my Hair Check my profile pic for a bit ofa rough estimate as to what its at now. Its longer now, though. people have compared me to MacGyver.

Grow it and straighten it #

Sorry for double post.
i would never chemically straighten my hair if someone paid me to do it
and i suggest that strongly on others as well
its pretty ****ty on your hair and should really only be used on people of Black desecnt
Quote by x/taluha
i would never chemically straighten my hair if someone paid me to do it
and i suggest that strongly on others as well
its pretty ****ty on your hair and should really only be used on people of Black desecnt

Que?
is there anyway i can keep my hair straight for longer?
it always goes curely when i go out and i really prefer my long straight hair down to my nipples to wavey hair down to my shoulders.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
is there anyway i can keep my hair straight for longer?
it always goes curely when i go out and i really prefer my long straight hair down to my nipples to wavey hair down to my shoulders.

Try a good Conditioner.
I'm consiering adding random blonde but to my hair.
Any advice on what to do it with/how?? I want them to be proper bright blonde on black
Quote by mrwaffles
Too late, I'm already set on it. Also, it only took that long because my friends, who had never done it before were trying to do it.

Oh ha all right. Just saying.

I'm growing my hair out like yours though. Peace.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Quote by the1
I'm consiering adding random blonde but to my hair.
Any advice on what to do it with/how?? I want them to be proper bright blonde on black

*looks at profile*
You could put blonde tips on your fringe/sidebangs, or put it on the back spikey part, which I think you sorta did on one of your pics. Anyway, I'd highly recommend going to a hair place for it because doing it yourself can turn ugly (trust me on this).
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
doesnt conditioner put mostioure in your hair? my hair gets greasy really quick =/

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
rhoad the choad (frontman of protest the hero):

"and there are those metalhead kids who have long hair down to their waist just to make up for their tiny penis'"

quite humourous.
Quote by metallicafan616
doesnt conditioner put mostioure in your hair? my hair gets greasy really quick =/

Yeah it does, and sometimes conditioner will make your hair greasy if you don't wash it out really well (I used to have this problem all the time), so make sure you get all the conditioner out really really well. If that doesn't help anything or at least make your hair get greasy less quickly, try changing shampoo/conditioner. On top of that, avoid touching your hair as much as possible, because that also makes it greasy. oo and most importantly, take showers every day especially if you play sports. Dirty hair = greasy hair.

If none of that helps, I dunno what to tell you, you might just naturally have hair that gets greasy quickly.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
My hair is pissing me off. It's kinda long right now, a little bit longer than my chin... Problem is, it's really wavy, and uncontrollable. I wish to keep it this length but only a little more straight and that stays in the way I want to to. Also, I wish to keep the fringe since my eyebrows are a little faulty and my forehead is somehow big...

I was thinking either Chemical Straightening or buying those hair irons. Any tips?
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

You just single-handedly caused an entire future generation of people to be flushed down the toilet.

Good job, TS.
Quote by Kenit
My hair is pissing me off. It's kinda long right now, a little bit longer than my chin... Problem is, it's really wavy, and uncontrollable. I wish to keep it this length but only a little more straight and that stays in the way I want to to. Also, I wish to keep the fringe since my eyebrows are a little faulty and my forehead is somehow big...

I was thinking either Chemical Straightening or buying those hair irons. Any tips?

Either one could work. Chemical Straightening is quite expensive and takes a while, but it will permanently straighten your hair. Of course, you have to go back in when your roots grow out some, because they won't be straight. Using a flat iron would just be a daily thing.
Quote by mrwaffles
Either one could work. Chemical Straightening is quite expensive and takes a while, but it will permanently straighten your hair. Of course, you have to go back in when your roots grow out some, because they won't be straight. Using a flat iron would just be a daily thing.

I've already done Chemical Straightening and worked out for only 3 weeks, approximately. It wasn't the Oriental Straightening or whatever it's called... And another problem is that I wash my hair about 3-4 times a week since its really hot here

I also tried using "Nivea Straight and easy" shampoos and conditioners, still no good results.

Are good Hair irons very expensive? And will their efficiency remain good with use?
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

You just single-handedly caused an entire future generation of people to be flushed down the toilet.

Good job, TS.
Quote by Kenit
I've already done Chemical Straightening and worked out for only 3 weeks, approximately. It wasn't the Oriental Straightening or whatever it's called... And another problem is that I wash my hair about 3-4 times a week since its really hot here

I also tried using "Nivea Straight and easy" shampoos and conditioners, still no good results.

Are good Hair irons very expensive? And will their efficiency remain good with use?

I dunno about the irons really. Just shop around. The Chemical Straightening that I was talking about it probably the Oriental Straightening that you're thinking of. My mom had it done and her hair is bone straight all the time. Also, she washes her hair almost everyday. It cost her $300, though.
Quote by mrwaffles
I dunno about the irons really. Just shop around. The Chemical Straightening that I was talking about it probably the Oriental Straightening that you're thinking of. My mom had it done and her hair is bone straight all the time. Also, she washes her hair almost everyday. It cost her $300, though.

No, the straightening I did was only about 10euros. I'll just look around for those hair iron things.

Any other tips on how to take care of wavy hair?
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

Good job, TS.
Blowdrying can help for wavy hair. It won't make it straight but if you dry your fringe with the dryer above your hair pointing downwards and go in the direction you want your fringe to go it's easier to style it. You can also do the opposite for the back to get a bit of volume in there.

For irons, if you're going to be using it regularly you should get a good quality one. GHD Stylers heat to 200 degrees very quickly, at that temperature you can get the job done quickly and efficiently and the plates protect your hair from damage. They are rather expensive though.
i'm thinking about getting dreads. my hair is right now 6 inches long and very curly (jewfro). advice? should i do them myself or get it done somewhere? is my hair even long enough?
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Quote by boboguitar
i'm thinking about getting dreads. my hair is right now 6 inches long and very curly (jewfro). advice? should i do them myself or get it done somewhere? is my hair even long enough?

6 inches isn't long at all. You should probably grow it out some more.
Quote by gh0sthack
6 inches isn't long at all. You should probably grow it out some more.

really? on a site i looked at it said 3 inches. i thought they would look dumb at 3 inches, but i wasn't sure about 6
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Quote by boboguitar
really? on a site i looked at it said 3 inches. i thought they would look dumb at 3 inches, but i wasn't sure about 6

You could try it out but they're a bitch to get out if you decide they don't look good yet. Everyone I know who has ever had dreads started with long hair and they looked good.
Quote by boboguitar

You can get dreads at 6 inches and they would probably turn out better in the long run. Also keep in mind that your hair gets about 20% shorter when it gets dreaded. Also, the fatter the dreads, the shorter they are.