I need to start leanrning theory ASAP, personally I think that theory is a must, even if you just learn a little bit, but I want to learn tonnes of theory so any links, hints, tips e.t.c. would be greatly appreciated. I am familiar with some basics of theory, but not much.

Also I'll be going on vacation, with a long road trip ahead of me (14 hours) and If there are any videos teaching theory or good guitar tips that are downlodable for my Ipod links to those would just be excellent!!!!

Anyway thank you in advance
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
These links are great, but I actually really want videos if you know of any, if not that's okay because these links are perfect
Quote by andy_thomas
Quote by Stolen Identity
This is the best basic theory lesson on the internet. I strongly suggest reading it.
Any videos please?

I'm sorry i'm probably sounding like a complete ass demanding videos but I don't have much to do with 14 hours there and back, and I want to do something productive, like learn theory through videos on my ipod
Quote by andy_thomas
Quote by Imalius
Any videos please?

I'm sorry i'm probably sounding like a complete ass demanding videos but I don't have much to do with 14 hours there and back, and I want to do something productive, like learn theory through videos on my ipod
Print out that lesson and spend those 14 hours studying it. Yes, reading can be boring, but you'll gain a ton of information from that lesson and it builds the foundation of all music theory.

Any video you get will be about technique or phrasing which is useless if you don't have a guitar.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Print out that lesson and spend those 14 hours studying it. Yes, reading can be boring, but you'll gain a ton of information from that lesson and it builds the foundation of all music theory.

Any video you get will be about technique or phrasing which is useless if you don't have a guitar.

Don't get me wrong I would gladly print it, however my mom would flip even if I said I was using it for practical studies, she would think i'm just wasting paper and ink, even if the videos aren't necessarily theory just good guitar tips and tricks it would be awesome.

Also I don't find reading boring even if it is theory!
Quote by andy_thomas
Then explain in a mature and adult manner that the information is vital to learning theory and scores of respected UG members back up that claim. It contains everything you would get in a $30 book for 2 bucks of paper and ink.

However, there should be a way to get a MS Word file on your iPod.
Oh yea I forgot about putting files on the Ipod, and I'm doing my best trying to convince her of the fact it is not a waste, I realize it is vital and not a waste, but with her it's a different story, and I'd rather not try and piss her off before being on the road for 14 hours with her in the same vehicle
Quote by andy_thomas