xxx

hey guys i was wondering if your in cooperating a 7-string guitar in a band if the bass guitar would have to move up a string...and its a deathcore band...

MY gear

ESP LTD AX- 104

behringer XL 1900 180 WATTS

I'm not too sure what you're asking but a 5-string bass is a good idea for a band with 7-string guitars. If you have riffs that incorporate the low B string then you need that string on a guitar (electric and bass).
you dont NEED the low B on a guitar or bass if one or the other is a 5 or 7 string. you can play notes on another string. the bass will cut through more playing the note on the E or A string too. the low B tends to get lost in the mix.
Quote by jvdude3
you dont NEED the low B on a guitar or bass if one or the other is a 5 or 7 string. you can play notes on another string. the bass will cut through more playing the note on the E or A string too. the low B tends to get lost in the mix.

so your saying that i can still have a 4-string and play

i dont mind going through an upgrade...im looking for it...but the bass that i want is like $880 sooo yeah...haha for now i have i have to deal with my 4 string until i get the 5-string
exactly. just find the same notes that the guitarist is playing on the low B on his 7th...lets say on the A. if thats seems too tough just down tune the bass. but if u really want a 5-string look at a Spector. I have a 5-string Spector Legend Classic and it's only 599. has emg pickups so its a huge sound too. great for any sounds ur playing. good looks too
Quote by jvdude3
exactly. just find the same notes that the guitarist is playing on the low B on his 7th...lets say on the A. if thats seems too tough just down tune the bass. but if u really want a 5-string look at a Spector. I have a 5-string Spector Legend Classic and it's only 599. has emg pickups so its a huge sound too. great for any sounds ur playing. good looks too

ok kool thanks dude...that takes a load off me haha and...im not a big fan of the normal body styles...im more into the crazy metal crap haha