is a genre where all the guitarists have no idea what they're doing besides chugging away on the low strings, check this guy out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL1HDiu7vX0&feature=user

He's All Shall Perish's lead guitarist, yeah, I know the camera quality is ****ty, but listen to what he's playing, and saying really. He's actually the first deathcore guitarist I've ever met that knew theory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHMzsHhzalo&feature=user

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuMJ6a6vqmg&feature=user

Those are two of his other videos, I'm not advertising, I just thought I'd show this to you guys who think deathcore guitarists are talentless, take it as you wish.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Now about those lyrics....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
chris storey is a beast on guitar and i can't wait to hear the new cd, the two songs up on myspace are amazing.
Quote by Just Andrew
Now about those lyrics....

Never said you had to like em, just brought up the guitarists, I dont even like some deathcore screamers. *shrugs*

And we care why?

If you dont care, good for you, note the last part of my post.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Last edited by valennic at Jul 28, 2008,
I don't care how good the guitar player is if the music isn't good.

The Red Chord, on the other hand, make some quality music.
Quote by Scourge441
I don't care how good the guitar player is if the music isn't good.

The Red Chord, on the other hand, make some quality music.

Well, have you heard All Shall Perish???

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Never said you had to like em, just brought up the guitarists, I dont even like some deathcore screamers. *shrugs*

If you dont care, good for you, note the last part of my post.

I was just saying, that I don't really think the Pit would really give a crap. That being said, I liked the first vid
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by Psychopathology
Because one guitarist makes up for a whole genre right?

Not really what I was getting at, I didnt say he made up for the entire genre, I said at least not ALL deathcore guitarists are stereotypical, see?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Well, have you heard All Shall Perish???

Yes, and they're completely worthless. Boring, generic deathcore that does absolutely nothing new. The guitarists aren't even that good, everything they do is either mindless chugging, tasteless shredding, or generic Gothenburg worship.
Quote by valennic
is a genre where all the guitarists have no idea what they're doing besides chugging away on the low strings, check this guy out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL1HDiu7vX0&feature=user

He's All Shall Perish's lead guitarist, yeah, I know the camera quality is ****ty, but listen to what he's playing, and saying really. He's actually the first deathcore guitarist I've ever met that knew theory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHMzsHhzalo&feature=user

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuMJ6a6vqmg&feature=user

Those are two of his other videos, I'm not advertising, I just thought I'd show this to you guys who think deathcore guitarists are talentless, take it as you wish.

Have you ever listened to deathcore?

Bands like Bring Me the Horizon, or Job For a Cowboy? I'm not a fan, personally I hate the bands, but if you dismissed them as theory dumb and "low string chugging" you're a moron.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Have you ever listened to deathcore?

Bands like Bring Me the Horizon, or Job For a Cowboy? I'm not a fan, personally I hate the bands, but if you dismissed them as theory dumb and "low string chugging" you're a moron.

Actually, I love both bands you just stated. I wasnt dissmissing them as theory dumb or low string chuggers, I was merely trying to shed some light on the subject, I didnt want to intice an argument, or get into a debate.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Scourge441
Yes, and they're completely worthless. Boring, generic deathcore that does absolutely nothing new. The guitarists aren't even that good, everything they do is either mindless chugging, tasteless shredding, or generic Gothenburg worship.

I love deathcore but I'm going to have to agree on the nothing new part, but not all is mindless shredding, you just have to find the right bands.
Quote by Scourge441

I've found their music quite different, but again, I dont wish to start an argument, I'm not a little hardcore fanboy that's going to attempt to tear you over an opinion.

To each his own

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Portuguese_boy
I love deathcore but I'm going to have to agree on the nothing new part, but not all is mindless shredding, you just have to find the right bands.

Which there are hardly any of!
Seriously all Deathcore bands sound exactly the same to me!
Quote by af_the_fragile

Well if you hate them, you hate them. No one here is going to try and change your mind.

But, please dont start a flamefest here, I never intended one to start.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by af_the_fragile

ok, I disagree but I respect your opinion.

oh, and your green text hurts my eyes.
ok, I disagree but I respect your opinion.

well it was more of a rhetoric. Obviously they're not gonna sound exactly the same. But I just can't find any originality in any of those bands.

oh, and your green text hurts my eyes.
Thats the whole point of it dude!
Still sounds boring to me.

There are countless kids on youtube who can sweep all day long, more or less just like that.

And it doesn't make the music any more interesting.