hey UG,
well i want a new amp. i want to go tube. i have about $1000 dollars.
i play fusion and shred. i listen to guthrie govan,greg howe, allen hinds,petrucci(LTE days) little bit of vai and satch, paul gilbert. i want a amp with amazing cleans(for the fusion tone) and a amazing overdrive(for my shred). i've tried the peavey classic 30 i didn't like it the overdrive wasn't for me and there a was fan that runs in the amp so i can't really record with it with out that making a racket. i was thinking a fender deville but im not sure if i can get a good shred tone on that amp with a pedal or 2. i was also thinking a V3 but no dealers sell carvin here in toronto. it doesnt matter if it is a head or combo(i would prefer a combo) any help would be great.
thanks
Last edited by tenaciousjp at Jul 28, 2008,
have you tryed a peavey valveking?
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

yeah didn't care for that one either
i've tried just about the complete peavey line didn't like any of them....
Quote by slash4114

for a grand he can do alot better than a valve king.
A Mesa F-30 or F-50 should do you fine for the types of tone you are looking for.

Wow, I think this was the 3rd time tonight that I just suggested a Mesa.
i cant find a f-30 or 50 for sale near were i live(toronto) also a friend of mine has the f-50 and i only like it for rythem on the OD channel
Get the F-50 and a jazz chorus then.
They dont sell f-30's and 50's new anymore. YOU MIGHT HAVE TO....
I know this might be hard....

WAIT FOR ONE TO SHOW UP USED.

Same with a V3. You don't need to buy the damned thing TODAY man.

Quote by slash4114

You're an idiot.
Refer to my sig.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i know you tried a bunch of peaveys, but did you try the jsx? its got a good clean channel that stays clean even at high volumes, and the overdrive is great for leads.

id also look at maybe a used marshall plexi or jcm 800. a lot of shredders use those amps. putting a nice overdrive in front of one to boost it a little would give you all the gain you need.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
carvin is supposed to be very good if you order direct from them

if you really want the v3, you should do it if you dont want to wait for a used one
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
i know you tried a bunch of peaveys, but did you try the jsx? its got a good clean channel that stays clean even at high volumes, and the overdrive is great for leads.

id also look at maybe a used marshall plexi or jcm 800. a lot of shredders use those amps. putting a nice overdrive in front of one to boost it a little would give you all the gain you need.

+1 JSX

I have a Mesa Boogie express 5:25 Perfect for everything except for metal it needs a boost or OD. Try steves downtown they have some awesome stuff. Long and Macquade as well. Songbird maybe for a used pedal.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Id look around for a Mesa Lone Star combo or a Mark combo...maybe a VHT pittbull combo too?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.