Hi guys, I've recently decided to purchase newer guitar. I play mostly prog-rock and metal, but sometimes I'm in the mood for some classical. Anyways, I'm having troubles in deciding which purchase I shoud make, gibson lp studio or ibanez Ibanez RG2550Z prestige series. I borrowed a les paul from my uncle for about 4 years, and loved the sound I got out of it, great pinch harmonics and sustain. I have played this ibanez I am speaking of and I love it too, great shredding. Now its come to a fork in the road, and I cant really decide (i'm not buying both either). So could you please give me your experiences with either guitar and/or pros and cons to aid me in my decision. Obviously I know its my money, and ultimately my decision but feedback always puts the mind at ease.
Ahh yes the Gibons and the well known Ibanez Ibanez..
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
You can give suggestions, however I have really narrowed down my favorites to those 2.
well i used to really like gibson untill i played the epi prophecy lp and it destroys most bibsons ive played but id say to get the ibanez cause they are very well made and sound and play amazing

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
well i used to really like gibson untill i played the epi prophecy lp and it destroys most bibsons ive played but id say to get the ibanez cause they are very well made and sound and play amazing

bibsons? But anyway.. If you like the shred and pinch harmonics, get the ibanez. You can always replace the pickups for DiMarzio like most people. Plus you have the floating bridge with the possibilities of shredding and kickass divebombs. Get the ibanez.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
like what was posted earlier, if you alter tunings most of the time, get a Les Paul. but i probably would be cautious of buying a Studio unless you've tried them first. i'd go for an Epi Elitist LP. imo, it has better quality than some Gibson Studios.
but for some reason, i really like Ibanez guitars especially the prestige models. i've played an RG1570 and it's has a really nice sound and feel.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Well the RG2550z is basically made for shredding and metal. I have one and I would definitely go with it. It never goes out of tune, no matter what kind of crazy **** you do with it and, if you get it set up correctly, it plays amazingly.
Bottom end Gibson or prestige Ibanez?

Go with the RG since its something you know you like, and most likely better quality than the studio.

/what model Les Paul did you borrow?
Quote by hiphopopotamus
Bottom end Gibson or prestige Ibanez?

Go with the RG since its something you know you like, and most likely better quality than the studio.

/what model Les Paul did you borrow?

a les paul studio is a bottom end gibson???....

try before ya buy,....but if it was me,..i would take the gibson les paul any day!!...for one thing they hold there value,..but more importantly...they sound better,..let us know what ya got.
Quote by leviticus_22953
like what was posted earlier, if you alter tunings most of the time, get a Les Paul. but i probably would be cautious of buying a Studio unless you've tried them first. i'd go for an Epi Elitist LP. imo, it has better quality than some Gibson Studios.
but for some reason, i really like Ibanez guitars especially the prestige models. i've played an RG1570 and it's has a really nice sound and feel.

You could get a Tremol-no.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?