Alrighty folks, what you see here is quite a rare guitar. If you're familiar with the Malden brand you'll know that they have recently earned a reputation for producing super high quality "replicas" of other more well known guitars. What you may not know is that when the company began, they first made 150 of these guitars, dubbed the Malden Stiger Flair. Not sure where it's made, but it could possibly be right here in the US, as they were merely a test run. You'll see it's fairly similar to a Fender Showmaster, but what sets it apart are the flamed maple fretboard, recessed input jack, chrome pup rings (hot), veryyyy high quality trem with what may be graphite saddles, and cross inlays. Have a look. One of most beautiful guitars I've ever seen.

Soooo why am I selling it? I went to japan with the intent to purchase one of limited run MIJ Epiphone 61 SGs. I had found the guitar a few months prior to arriving and had been salivating since. However when I arrived, I noticed that one of the largest equipment retailers, Ikebe Gakki, was sold out. It was the only store I knew at the time so I was very very disappointed. Almost mad. And my GAS was burning as a result. I'd always wanted to try a showmaster, a wayyy underappreciated guitar IMO. But lo and behold I found this. Bought it. The next week, a friend of mine introduced me to another music store which STILL HAD THE SGS. So I bought one.

9 months later I would return home to the US to find the Malden waiting for me in my room. And she plays as nice as she looks. And to my surprise, shes got active electronics or something going on inside. Just found that out today.

But I digress... I will play my SG far more than I would this, I dont want a tremolo, and MIJ fender is delicious.

SOOOOOO what I'm looking for in a trade is a MIJ fender guitar. If you'd like to offer something else, be my guest but please dont waste my time with schecter, ibanez, or dean. cash might be ok, depending on the offer.

Only negatives I can tell is that the 9v needs replacing and the pots might need a cleaning, but that could be the 9v acting up. As far as I can see, shes spotless and in like new condition, however for the sake of protecting myself, I will say that there are a few small marks here and there. I cannot see any marks but I mention this so that if you happen to find something you won't get mad at me. Oh, and there's one spot on the front that appears to have missed a coat of the finish. About a mm in diameter. See pic.

As you can see, it's a beautiful guitar. In the three times I've used it, it's been complimented by everyone in the room (maybe 4 people total, but hey. i have no friends.). Another reason I don't want to use it is that it makes me uncomfortable. I'm always worried ill hit it on something and make it look bad. I'd feel guilty. She comes with the trem arm and a very nice, dense, high impact foam ESP case that gets the job done.

Okay, well that's about all I have to say about that. See some pictures and let me know what you've got! Questions/comments appreciated.

-Chris

within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
ahh you're right. they do. doesnt look like they offer a set neck though. looks the same otherwise. might be some connection??? i dunno.
every key
every secret

Day 1- Chris wonders if there's anyone on UG interested in trading his/her MIJ guitar for his Malden. He's not worried yet because it's only been a day, but he's moving back to Buffalo in 2 weeks and would prefer to have it sent out before then.
every key
every secret

Oh I, I just died in your arms tonight
It must have been something you said
I just died in your arms tonight

I keep looking for something I can't get
Broken hearts lie all around me
And I don't see an easy way to get out of this
Her diary, it sits by the bedside table
The curtains are closed, the cats in the cradle
Who would've thought that a boy like me could come to this

Oh-oh-oh woh I, I just died in your arms tonight
Oh-oh-oh woh, oh I, I just died in your arms tonight
It must have been some kinda kiss
I should have walked away, I should have walked away

Is there any just cause for feeling like this
On the surface I'm a name on a list
I try to be discreet but then blow it again
I've lost and found, it's my final mistake
She's loving by proxy, no give and all take
'Cause I've been thrilled to fantasy one too many times

Oh-oh-oh woh I, I just died in your arms tonight
Woh-oh-oh I, I just died in your arms tonight

It was a long hot night
But she made it easy, she made it feel right
But now it's over, the moment has gone
I followed my hands not my head, I know I was wrong

every key
every secret

Not for sale, huh? If it is, how much shipped?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
$575 - $600 depending on where you are would be nice.
every key
every secret

something? ANYTHING?!?!

MIJ?!! CIJ?!?!
every key
every secret

ok kids. i'd like this gone by the next week. offer up.
every key
every secret

alrighty. update: ill now take a fender aerodyne bass and something else. anyone?
every key
every secret

"hey. listen to me," said the thread.
every key
every secret

anal sex isn't as stinky as you might think. at least i was surprised at its non-smelliness.
every key
every secret

oh, P.s. could this be changed to WTS? thanks!
every key
every secret

got a new job, so looking to trade for fender japaaaaaan!
every key
every secret

offers?!!?!? cashmoney or stuff.
every key
every secret

sigh. if this only had a "schecter" on the headstock it would be worth its weight in gold.
every key
every secret

there's a fellow prototype of this guitar to be found on the secret auction website that we can't mention. just search for "malden guitar". mine is nicer. from that site:

Features:

· Limited production – extremely rare

· Solid mahogany body with tiger-flame maple top

· Maple bolt-on neck

· 2 open-coil humbucker pickups

· Master volume knob, master tone knob, 3-way toggle switch, coil-tap on/off switch (battery engaged)

· Tiger flame maple fretboard with abalone dot inlays

· Leeson tremolo bridge

· Chrome die-cast tuners

· Body and neck binding

· Chrome hardware

· 24 frets

· 1.69" nut width

· 25.5" scale length

· Tiger-flame finish
every key
every secret

Hey, i have one of these guitars too! The best guitar I have played. I would buy it again if I had the money! I stumbled upon this amazing piece about two years ago at a local guitar shop. Where did you get the production numbers from? I was told about 150 when I emailed the company.
oh by the way, which ones Pink?
yep, they told me the same thing. I recently stumbled across one of these on ebay and apparently there were three different prototypes made. From the seller:
Hello Chris,

According to Malden, there were 3 versions of these early prototypes made:

Stiger, Stiger Plus and Stiger Flair. Ours is a
Stiger. Stiger Plus had chrome pickup covers, while Stiger Flair (yours) featured set-in neck construction and cross inlays. Nice looking guitar you have, by the way!

Joel

I'll PM you the auction listing. The seller might have some more info.
every key
every secret

willing to trade down for MIM fender.
every key
every secret

plus a bit of cash of course.
every key
every secret

i... really wish i had money right now. le sigh.
i play noisy hardcore in the vein of coalesce interrupted by lots of isis-esque riffage and ambience, with a healthy dose of screamo dynamics ala funeral diner. it even sounds good sometimes!
willing to trade straight up for the right HH hardtail. offer up!
every key
every secret

Hits ebay tonight. last chance.
every key
every secret