just did this to my 2-humbucker guitar - jackson dkmg, tonezone in the bridge, super 2 in the neck.
on cleaner settings i can get such a range of tone and voicings is unreal. also did a concentric volume pot. so i can do for example the neck pickup on humbucker at 1/2 volume and the bridge pickup on split-coil on full volume, or vice versa.
wow, just "wow"
I don't have split coils... I may do it one day though!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
i did the same to my jackson dx10! different pickups though, they're duncan designed, just to try it out to see if I didn't mess it up. i got similar results with cleaner settings. i love that guitar on clean settings. and how do you do the concentric wiring? i've seen it before, but could never find a diagram for it.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
i was thinkin about doing it to my jackson rhoads 3. the parallel series thing put me off for a while because i couldnt find much about it. Someday when i make a guitar with only a bridge pickup its going to have a raging humbucker with coil split and piezo.
for concentric pots, you would just wire it as if it was two pots.

I have variable coil splits in my LP. The neck has a concentric pot so i can have the variable split and a tone control. The neck just has the variable split.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
you need a concentric pot. don't mistake that for a pan-pot

one of these:
http://www.allparts.com/store/electronics-500k-pots-ep-4586-000,Product.asp
or (scroll down for concentric pots, this is where i got mine from. you have to measure the diameter of the hole in your guitar):
http://www.wdmusic.com/potentiometers_13616_ctg.htm

make sure you have 4-conductor wiring!
Last edited by sethp at Jul 29, 2008,
I split mine several months ago. It's quite nice especially if you have a dark-sounding or bass-heavy guitar (like my LP). I thought I'd never again own 'buckers that wouldn't split. Then a couple weeks ago I rewired the switches for series/parallel instead, and I like that even better. Versatility pwns.