my birthdays coming up and ive been trying to convince my parents to let me get a new setup. i already have kind of an idea of what i want to get and ive been playing for about a year. i have a squier strat and a fender frontman 15g. I ran the suggestion by my parents today and they seemed kind of reluctant. im about to start taking lessons but by myself i learned some good songs (Stairway, master of puppets, hotel california fear of the dark). SHould i upgrade or wait a while first?
Quote by nolifeXD
my birthdays coming up

you have more than one birthday?......all i have to say is......'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
to albino: thanks for the spam. birthday['S]...
to iceman: im not sure. i think if i can convince them to let me upgrade itll be around 650 for amp fx and guitar. i just want to know if i can justify upgrading or do you think that theyre right and that i dont need an upgrade just yet?
ask for money and then save up again until you truly kno what you want. u dont wanna use money this early in ur guitar career and then upgrade once again next year.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
well i was planning on getting an RG ibanez and an epi valve jr and maybe a pedal for metal. cuz someone from another thread suggested that to me. not a good idea at this point?
Quote by NSHSpolevault
ask for money and then save up again until you truly kno what you want. u dont wanna use money this early in ur guitar career and then upgrade once again next year.

i wish i'd done that. id have had a gibson sg standard by now
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I think if you have played for a year and are starting lessons you have shown enough dedication for new gear.That said $650 for a Birthday present seems like a lot of money to me, more in line with a Christmas present than Birthday
My Gear

Schecter Gryphon with Seymour Duncan JB Bridge and Jazz Neck PU's
Fender Superchamp XD Amp
Bad Monkey Pedal
Last edited by Chiller2 at Jul 30, 2008,
i've only been playing for a lil over a year and i already upgraded my stuff. if you feel you want to and are dedicated to guitar playing and know what you want, do it. remember, try the stuff out first, always.

my parents paid for half of my jackson for graduation but i forked over the rest of the dough out of my own pockets.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
if u truly wanna upgrade now then put all your money towards it. get the best you can get now if ur gonna go through with it. and make sure you do research to know thats exactly what you want.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!