ok, my friend wants a guitar to learn on, and i said i could probably get him a good deal here, so here i am.

he says hes willing to spend a max of 250$... and must be fixed bridge, preferrably w/ humbuckers so he doesnt have to deal w/ buzzing

and obviosuly, it must work and be durable but doesnt have to look new

thanks in advance, from myself and my friend
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
i dont have one to sell but it's my recommendation. if your a7x avatar gives any hint to his taste in music.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
I think les pauls are good to start on, but then again what do I know. Why don't you just have him go to a guitar store and mess around with several different guitars for a few hours. That's the surest way to guarantee that he gets what he wants. And since you seem to know enough about guitars you can help him out anywhere he has questions. Seems like a foolproof solution to me...
well, thanks for the suggestions, but im looking for actual guitar for sale so he can get a better guitar for the same price as a starter guitar
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
well in that case, my advice would be to have him go to a store and try lots of guitars. dont worry about the price. after that, come here and post which of the guitars he liked most. then users can suggest guitars that are similar to that one but in his price range. like instead of a PRS, maybe a dillion copy. or instead of a les paul, a hagstrom. something like that.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by staticoverdub
well in that case, my advice would be to have him go to a store and try lots of guitars. dont worry about the price. after that, come here and post which of the guitars he liked most. then users can suggest guitars that are similar to that one but in his price range. like instead of a PRS, maybe a dillion copy. or instead of a les paul, a hagstrom. something like that.

you and iron slinky have good points, at that seems to b a good bet
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Sorry, I was confused... I meant guitar+amp = $140+shipping. Guitar alone is $100, amp alone is $40.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
i think he may end up buying an ESL ltd ec-50 form 1 of my friends. and thats a good offer but he needs sumthing w/ humbuckers
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112