Due to some bizarre upcoming travel situations, I may need leave my acoustic in a car trunk for a few days.

I know that in the cab of the car temperatures can reach around 120 on hot days because sunlight gets in the windows, but the guitar will be in the dark trunk in a case. I'm not sure how hot it would get in the trunk. Would the prolonged heat damage the guitar?
Hmmm. The trunk on my car actually insulates somewhat. You can put cold things in there and they will stay cold for a long time. As long as it is in the trunk, and in a hardshell or at least some case, it will be fine.
If it's blue, then it MUST smell good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Never.....Ever..... Under any circustances.......Ever leave your guitar in a car for a extended period of time.....How many days? Its not just the heat.... its the drastic change in temp and humidity from day to night....I dont care if its in a case.......You might think you will get away with it....But it will come back to haunt you.
At least he won't be driving down the interstate with his guitar in the back of a truck and then it starts storming. *turns head in embarrassment*
If it's blue, then it MUST smell good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Quote by Disturbed137
At least he won't be driving down the interstate with his guitar in the back of a truck and then it starts storming. *turns head in embarrassment*

If you think leaving an acoustic guitar in the trunk of a car...fo an extended period of time...like days.....is healthy....youre a fool......

It will absolutey have an effect on the instrument. If it does not cause immediate damage.....there will be damage that will gradually show...FACT....Call a manufacturer or dealer ....ask em
I live in south-eastern Indiana, and during the time it's supposed to be in the lower 90s, so yeah, this probably isn't a good idea. Tomorrow I'm definitely going to be calling around and looking for other options.
Holy hell! Your bridge will lift for sure in that temp. because the boot temp will double!
Would the prolonged heat damage the guitar?

Yes. 120F for several days is very likely to cause damage.

I'm not sure how hot it would get in the trunk.

About the same as the rest of the car. Probably more since theres no ventialtion.

Tomorrow I'm definitely going to be calling around and looking for other options.

Good idea.
i left one of mine in my car for like 3 days, and the glue got so hot under the little pick guard and it shifted a little bit, nothing rother than that happened tho
Quote by gonzo2
Due to some bizarre upcoming travel situations, I may need leave my acoustic in a car trunk for a few days.

I know that in the cab of the car temperatures can reach around 120 on hot days because sunlight gets in the windows, but the guitar will be in the dark trunk in a case. I'm not sure how hot it would get in the trunk. Would the prolonged heat damage the guitar?

Yes. That kind of heat will damage your guitar. Taking the strings off might make it better but it's still risky.