Hey guys, I'm looking for some good software and guitar interfaces to use to record. it doesnt have to sound like a super digital professional studio quality, but i'd like decent. For now I'm not mic'ing my rig as my 6505 Head/Marshall 1960 cab is downstairs in the basement (where my computer is not ) so for now I'll settle for anything that else that at least sounds decent. I'd also love if drums are included in the program. This is really just for personal purposes. Budget of 100-250 dollars total. Thanks for any input
Well you can try Peavey Revalver MKIII and Cubase LE. That could get some pretty good results. Ultimately though, you'll want to be micing up yer amp, so I would invest in a good mic like the Shure SM-57 and a recording interface like that Line 6 USB thingy I can't remember the name of. But then again, I got awsome results with my setup - a Sound Blaster Audigy SE (with ASIO4ALL driver - which I don't recomend at all), a Shure PG-57, a generic mixer and Sonar 7 Producer Edition I got from a friend of mine who owns a studio (bastard wont let us record for free but will get us software) and Battery 3 (also from him). What I did was move my PC and amp outside and miced it up. Then plugged the mixer in my sound card and voila, good sounds with 300 R$ investment (bout 200$).
Mesa/Boogie Road King (v2) 120 Watt (std. tube config) on Traditional Road King Cabs (2x 4x12)- B.C. Rich Custom Shop Warlock 7-string and Modded B.C. Rich Plat. Pro Warlock 7-string - Boss GT-PRO
ah that's what I thought would be best. I guess I'll just move my computer down near my amp...shame to let such a rig go to waste for now since im not actively gigging for another few months :p but as an aside...what do you do for drums?
Last edited by kayman121 at Jul 29, 2008,
Native Instruments Battery 3 is an excellent drum synth. It takes a lot of tweaking to get it to sound natural but it is capable and it is a very powerful tool. In fact they are so good its very hard to tell the difference between it and real drums as all the dynamics are tweakable. If you got the patience, you can go down to the note level in MIDI and tweak individually the dynamics of each note and it will all show in Battery 3.
Mesa/Boogie Road King (v2) 120 Watt (std. tube config) on Traditional Road King Cabs (2x 4x12)- B.C. Rich Custom Shop Warlock 7-string and Modded B.C. Rich Plat. Pro Warlock 7-string - Boss GT-PRO
FL studio!! It will give you anything that you are looking for such as drums, bass, piano, strings, choirs, etc.
Actually, if he wants drum samples FL studio is not the best option. But it is great for other things.