I ran into Guitarfetish the other day. Well not really the other day. More like the other month. Anyways, I looked at some stuff and saw their Locking Tuners and their Roller Trees. I was wondering if these were worth the investment. I use the whammy bar quite alot. Or shud I just save and get a new guitar?

I have a squier strat.
probably be better off getting a Tremsetter, or a new guitar

No offense. I like Squier
Oo... the tremsetter looks interesting. I'll have to look into that. Thx

~~~
U a ghost rider fan? XD
Those guitars are poop. If the tremolo aint locked it's gonna go out of tune quickly with heavy use on an american strat let alone a squire. If you want tuning stability when using the tremolo a lot get something with locking nut and tremolo and make sure its set up right. Ibanez would be a good brand to look at for a cheap one. Using nut lube on the nut and anything else the string rides on (saddles and those things on the headstock that hold the string at the correct angle to the nut) would help a little and it only costs a few bucks.
Quote by moody07747
they look kool

anyone know if theres locking tuners for a PRS?

I think PRS do them. I know my mates Custom 24 has locking tuners so i'm assuming you could order them as replacements from the company direct.
Matamp GT-120
Providence Stampede SDT-1
Gordon-Smith Graduate 60
(FOR SALE ) Schecter C-1 Exotic Star
(FOR SALE )
Quote by Rocknrollcows
I ran into Guitarfetish the other day. Well not really the other day. More like the other month. Anyways, I looked at some stuff and saw their Locking Tuners and their Roller Trees. I was wondering if these were worth the investment. I use the whammy bar quite alot. Or shud I just save and get a new guitar?

I have a squier strat.

Do you already have locks on your nut? If you do, these will do nothing for you.

The ad said "Gotoh style". I had Gotoh tuners on my guitar for a second. The ratio sucked - they were 12:1.

Look at the Planet Wave tuners. Their ratio is 18:1 and they snip the excess string off automatically. I'm totally happy with these.
Last edited by 667 at Jul 29, 2008,
The Grover tuners on my schecter stay in tune great.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build