Anybody know what amp JM is using in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrGXJUtWMtA that video? It's the one to the left of the Two Rock.

By the way, if you haven't seen John Mayer live and you're a fan of Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, and guys like that, I strongly recommend you see him. He did play his old poppy tunes that the chicks really dig, but he played them differently with more soul and more feeling (and on electric guitar :]]]). He was a really great performer.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

I'm going to see him tomorrow...I can't wait!

I'm not sure but it looks like an old fender combo...not quite sure though.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
saw him july 15th it was a ****ing awesome show... saw him last summer too it was a very similar show both were awesome and lots of fun. his tone is orgasmic but when he's using that hollowbody when i saw him i wasn't digging the tone as much.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
It's definitely not a Two Rock. If it was a Two Rock it would say Two Rock on it..... It has this weird cross checkerboardy tolex on it and no label that I can see.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by al112987
Could it be a Dumble? I heard Mayer uses a Dumble at times?

I was thinking that too. But I don't really know what Dumbles look like, not having researched them as much as other amps, and there was no decal on the amp that was visible.
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

i just saw him in irvine yesterday. guy freaking rips!

i couldnt make out what amp he was using though, i was sitting in the lawn =[.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
David Ryan Harris (Mayer's co-guitarist) plays a Metropoulos 50 watt JMP. Sick tone.
Why would DRH play a Metro when Robbie McIntosh (other guitarist, plays alot of slide) plays a Marshall? I find that a little weird...
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
Why would DRH play a Metro when Robbie McIntosh (other guitarist, plays alot of slide) plays a Marshall? I find that a little weird...

Because metro builds a better marshall plexi replica than marshall does (ironic), and is the next best thing to an actual vintage plexi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7mQ7sy2Ig
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 29, 2008,
I just saw John last night...his tone was ****ing incredible. Truly orgasmic.

Anyone who thinks he's a lame pop singer with no skill needs to go see him right now. He played a 30 minute blues solo and it was like watching a mix of Jimi, SRV, and eric clapton.......but even better. he even put his guitar on the ground and played it like it was a piano which was pretty rad too...

Anyone else seen him?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
It is indeed a Dumble ODS from the looks of it. I'd say an early 70's vintage from the color of the chassis.

...and not all Two Rock's say "Two Rock" on them. Some models just have "K & M Analog Devices" in small letters printed on the chassis.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Don't know about the amp.

But I saw him last week. His cover of Mercy is great.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
He generally plays a pair of Two-Rocks and a Dumble, I think. I couldn't check the video, though. Speaking of Dumble, anyone know anything about the Ceriatone clone? Is it good?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by Kendall
It is indeed a Dumble ODS from the looks of it. I'd say an early 70's vintage from the color of the chassis.

...and not all Two Rock's say "Two Rock" on them. Some models just have "K & M Analog Devices" in small letters printed on the chassis.

+1. Definitely a Dumble.
There's a /13 up there too- don't know if that's his.
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Speaking of Dumble, anyone know anything about the Ceriatone clone? Is it good?

It's genuinely fantastic to be perfectly honest (the 50w anyway, I haven't played with the 100w). I was going to add one to the ever growing pile of gear, but I can't justify another amp at the moment (spent too much on a Midi controller and a switching system).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
^That's very interesting. A few more reviews like that, and a few more good soundclips, and that'll be my next major purchase.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Does Ceriatone make Dumble clones? I know they make trainwrecks and matchless.
I've always heard great things about Ceriatone, and their prices are amazing.

I'm thinking about converting my JTM45 into a JTM50 and ordering the "black flag" plexi panel from Ceriatone, they seem to be the only guys who carry them.
I'm gassing for one pretty hard. I wish I could talk to some people that had compared them to one of the real things.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86